1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

which team r u rooting for in the playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Alirules, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Alirules

Alirules Member

I am gonna go ahead and root for the Spurs because Tim Duncan is my 3rd favorite player and i love how Manu plays

Whatever happens i just hope LA dosen't win a championship

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Lakers, because everyone here hates the Lakers more than they love themselves.

3. Ying Yang

Ying Yang Member

Me too, I will vote for Spurs, Tim Duncan is my second favor player, Koby is third.
    Elton Brand is right up there too

4. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

I like the Texas teams. I'm hoping the Mavs and Spurs somehow play each other this year in the playoffs. That would really be an exciting series. Dirk and Duncan, Nash and Parker, Finley and Ginobili....etc. Good stuff! Of course, I would like either to make it to the finals, unless, of course, the Rox somehow back into the playoffs.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

funny, I was thinking of starting a "now that the rocks are probly out, will you watch the playoffs" thread.

kinda bummed now, but I know I will.

Guess I'd have to say the Queens for now, but it could change.

EC sux.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

All I want to happen is for the Spurs and Mavs not to win a title. So I guess I will root for the Lakers because I am not sure the Kings can beat the Spurs in a series.

But we all know the Lakers can beat the Spurs or the Mavs.

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Either the Kings or Mavs.

8. coolpet

coolpet Member

Lakers would and should win

9. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

The Spurs.......what a shock ! [​IMG] :D

10. dischead

dischead Member

I hope Sac Town win it all, u got to admire they way they play team ball. Lets hope someone from the east can put up a fight in the Finals!!!

11. Panda

Panda Member

I like teams with characters. So it'll be the Lakers and then the Spurs in that order. Never the Mavs, with that kind of timid name and a team lacking characteristics with too many great supporting cast I'd rather choose other teams. It's like watching a movie full of stars and you don't know which ones are the main guys. Even if they won the title it would be less spectacular than the Lakers and Spurs to my taste.

12. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

The Spurs of course!
    I love how Duncan plays and TP is my hero!(there's patriotism for u!)

ALA

13. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

West = Kings

East = Pacers

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Going for the Lakers I have the last 3 times plus I got money on it that says they will win it all. but go rockets its not over yet:(

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Kings 1st, Spurs 2nd. From East? NOT the Pacers (I am NOT an I fan, at all!) Hornets, I guess. Or Bucks.

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

WC Rooting Rules

1) Root against the Lakers vs anybody.

2) Root against the Jazz vs any team except LAL.

3) Root for Sacramento in all matchups.

4) Root for Spurs in all matchups except SAC.

5) Root for Mavs in all matchups except vs Kings & Spurs.

EC Rooting Rules

1) Root against PHIL in all matchups.

2) Root for ORL in all matchups except DET & NJN.

3) Root for NJN (love FB BBall) in all matchups except DET.

4) Root for DET in all matchups - defense is the only thing I like better than FB BBall.

Kings over the Pistons in 6 games.

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Kings and Mavs I suppose. I don't really like anyone in the East.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Rooting Order:

East:

Detroit: Love their defense-first game.
    Philadelphia: The more people hate Iverson, the more I like him.
    Boston: Neither like nor hate them.
    Milwaukee: Used to be a fan, but they are playing well under their abilities and I think they need to fire Karl, as much as I like him.
    Orlando: Still got a bad taste in my mouth from when they dumped all their hard warkers to pick up stars, and then didn't play any better.
    Indiana: Liked them a lot and they'd be my favorite in the East, except that Artest knocks them down 6 pegs in my favor.
    New Jersey: I want Jefferson to fail.
    New Orleans: I would love to root for sister-city New Orleans, but I hate the owners and hope they never get anything out of their franchise. When they sell the team, New Orleans will jump to the top.

West:

San Antonio: If the Rockets can't have the championship, let us at least keep it in Texas. Super classy, to boot.
    Minnesota: Classy organization and star player. Overcome a lot of adversity to get where they are at. How can you root against them?
    Sacramento: I like their style of play, and it would be poetic justice for them to be the ones to dethrone the Lakers.
    Dallas: Ditto San Antonio, except that Dallas is my rival city in Texas, so I can't be as enthusiastic.
    Utah: I know everyone else hates them, but I don't. Have to respect the team ball they play.
    Phoenix: Hate to put them this high, since they just edged us for the playoff spot, but I cannot, in good conscience, bump those last two teams up.
    Portland: Scottie Pippen. And the rest of the team does nothing to redeem them.
    LA Lakers: My most hated team of all of sports. Here's hoping they're eliminated in the first round.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In the West I will be rooting for Sacramento, Dallas and Minnesota.
    I will be rooting against the Lakers and Spurs.

In the East I will root for Detroit, Orlando and Indiana.
    There isn't anyone I am rooting against in the East.

I would love to see a Sacramento/Indiana NBA final with the Kings coming out on top.

20. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

I like to watch the Kings and Dallas offense style and team play. I think I will cheer for them.

But I don't really think they have "rings" in them simply because I don't think their respective best players (Webber and Dirk) have "rings" in them. Webber is just soooo unclutch (is that a word?) and Dirk well... your team won't play D if your best player doesn't play D.

Bench depth can get you so far. When it comes down to the crunch time, it's always how your best player does to determine you win or lose. That's why it's usually the team with the best player win the championship.

The way I see it with the championship, Lakers (with 2 superstars in Shaq and Kobe) still have a slight edge over Spurs (with 1 superstar in Duncan) but it really depends if Duncan can prove that he's more dominant than Shaq or Kobe. If he does, Spurs will take it.