1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team has better offer for Anthony Davis, Celtics or Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBum, Dec 19, 2018.

?

Which team has better offer for Anthony Davis?

1. Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Robert Williams, 3 picks from Kings,Grizzlies, Clippers

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

The Rose Rule only applies to 5/30% players, of which there are very few. Assuming they could make the salaries match and afford him, just about all teams could trade for Davis.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Neither are great, to be honest. They're trading an absolute beast of a 2nd tier player for a bunch of 3rd and 4th level guys, either way. Value drops exponentially by each tier.

The Lakers group has more firepower but is more flawed. The Boston group is more well-rounded but has less X-factor to carry a team. Neither of them will help New Orleans rebuild with a superstar - I just don't see any of these guys pulling a James Harden and taking their game to a 25+ ppg, 10 ast level.

Without a star, New Orleans will just be another NBA team and these players will churn out of the roster with nothing to show for it in 2-3 years. When you trade a borderline superstar you need to either get another star in return, or commit to a rebuild. In between is a wasteland. I would hold other GM's feet to the fire and require good first round picks if they really want to upgrade with AD. Your leverage is their championship window closing.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

No one in my lists on the poll is going to be top 25 players.

If I were Pelicans, I'd say "no Tatum no deal"

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

You could take out Jaylen Brown from the OP's poll, and the Celtics' offer is still streets ahead of whatever LA can muster up. Plus, Pelicans can sleep at night knowing Davis will tear up the East.

clutchdabear and Downtown Sniper like this.
  5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Tatum trumps any other offer IMO, but I’m doubtful he’ll be included in any Celtics offer.

Am I a homer or is Capela + 4 1sts a legit starting package for AD? Does that get us to the table? AD + Harden has be dreaming.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Celtics by a country mile.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

A staffer with the New Orleans Pelicans suggested reporters ask LeBron James which teammates he would suggest trading from the Los Angeles Lakers for Anthony Davis.

Pelicans do not want any of those Lakers young core.
    In July Lakers 4 young core players to third team,
    Third team offers 2 star-level players to Pelicans
    Lakers land Davis

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The Lakers package looks scrubbier and scrubbier with each passing day.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

If I were Davis I wouldn't want to get even near the Lakers. I don't Boston is his best landing either.