1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which signing will prove to be the worst of the 2014 offseason?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Aug 26, 2014.

?

Which signing will prove to be the worst of the 2014 offseason?

1. Chandler Parsons

119 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Avery Bradley

7 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Gordon Hayward

57 vote(s)
    20.1%
  4. Chris Bosh

60 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Marvin Williams

6 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Kyrie Irving

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  7. Jason Kidd

26 vote(s)
    9.2%
  8. Other (specify)

8 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. CertifiedTroll

It is hard to tell, people really seem to think Hayward is good. I have no clue why they think that.

2. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

The re-signing of Bosh and Wade is undisputedly the worst of the off season. What was the point? LBJ was a helluva drug that they're still hooked on. Instead of capitalizing on what they had from their championship days, they re-upped crazy max on a losing situation.

Say what you will about Parsons, that's far from being the worst. At least Dallas got better.

3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday for the next two is much more tremendous!

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

so who else were they supposed to get after Lebron left?

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bosh. Maybe he sacrificed his stats while in miami, but he just doesn't look like he's worth anything near that much for that long.

6. downbytheriver

People saying bosh don't really get basketball. They had a minimum cap to meet. His contract is in no way crippling and might even make them dangerous if they snatch up a young player who wants trustworthy vets.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I picked Parsons but it will probably be Bosh... I think Lance is the steal

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

his game isn't based on much athleticism so his jumper and length will keep him effective for the foreseeable future. he'll have a really nice season coming this year

9. scottie brooks

Cuban? Is that you?

10. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Trade for future assets. Heck, even re-tool with young talent. There's nobody to get after Lebron. No star will touch Miami, it's like sloppy seconds.

Any team owner shouldn't throw max during a downhill situation. To be honest, this is nothing against Bosh. I think he's a good player but signing him to the end of his career, or at least the tail end, doesn't do the Miami fans any justice. He can't carry a team.

Consider this, Bosh was given a better situation to win with substantial money or lose with more money. What does that tell you about Bosh? No way Miami takes it all with a one legged Wade and bunch of spare parts signing.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

In Bosh's case hes already won so that probably had a lot to do with it. So now he gets the max amount of money he can get, while being the leader of the team again like he was in the Toronto days. there's nothing wrong with that either. Melo on the other hand you can attribute that to for sure. every situation was better than NY in terms of winning. haha

12. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Exactly. It's why he's going to be the worst signing. This isn't an indictment on Bosh. It's also why I never called out Rashard Lewis on accepting his $118m contract. This is to point out the insanity on Miami's part. They just threw max at a guy that's not interested and/or incapable in winning it all. I don't know about you, but as a franchise, you don't sign people to a max contract if they're not interested/capable of winning.

Also, it seems like you're arguing for Bosh. I'll repeat myself for the 3rd time, seeing as the title of the thread is "Which signing will prove to be the worst of the 2014 offseason?". This is not a response to call out Bosh, this is to point out why Miami's signing will prove to be an extended train wreck unless they can find someone to absorb his contract. They double downed on a losing situation. They, the Heat organization, should've known the second Bosh agreed to the money yet, they did it anyway. They should've busted up the gang for future assets or possibly re-tool with up-and-coming talent.

On a side note, since you mentioned it, both NY teams are a testament to good management > loaded and location.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Lot of butthurt around here. Gordon Hayward is the correct answer.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm gonna go with 'other'... and say whoever gives Bledsoe his max money... cause as bad as any of the others play - at least they'll be on the court, as opposed to Bledsoe who will be on he bench nursing his injury da'jour....

(yeh, I'd prob gamble and give him the contract... but I don't think it will turn out well...)

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Bosh. Miami ain't winning 'nothing anytime soon.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree.

Hayward's the worst for its length. Parsons' only has 3 years, and is tradeable. Bosh's production should increase with LeBron's exit.

17. baubo

baubo Member

Parsons is the only one that didn't make at least some sense. Bosh made sense if Miami simply don't want to rebuild. Not every owner does. Just look at what Minnesota's doing. Some bad contracts simply come from needing to spend to 90% of the cap, and it's not like every team's capspace will result in Dwight Howard or LeBron James.

But Parsons made no sense no matter how you look at it. If Dallas wants to maximize their window to win, there are way better options than Parsons. For example, how about Paul Pierce and Luol Deng? How about Stephenson and resign VC? It's hard to be excited about the prospect of a team short term when you are to play Felton/Harris combo at PG. Long term? Well, Parsons contract isn't long enough to be Dallas' future cornerstone. If he's great, he'll opt out in 2 years and either leave or re-sign for star money. I love Parsons' game and all, but he's not exactly who you want your first max salary slot to go to.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Parsons is better than Pierce, Deng, Stephenson and VC.

Hayward is not.

19. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Parsons deal is absolutely not tradeable lol what are you talking about? It has a player option after 2 years AND a large trade kicker.... Morey called it "the most untradeable contract" he has ever seen and that played a major part into why he ultimately decided to decline matching it.

20. baubo

baubo Member

Nor did I imply differently. But he's not better than having two of the above players while he's paid like it.