1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which is worse: sexism or racism?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 27, 2020.

?

Which is worse: sexism or racism?

1. sexism

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. racism

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How much time will you need to answer the question?

Take all the time you need. You aren't alone, so far, only 5 dudes are willing to be honest with themselves.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’m not capable of answering the question. I don’t think anybody is to be honest with my self and you.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

How does racism effect more people? Virtually half the world is female.. that is larger than any particular race.

If I have to make a choice, sexism is worse than racism.

FranchiseBlade and malakas like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In general, today, I feel racism is more prevalent. Clearly unique situations can be found which would make either worse at any given time or in a particular situation. Just ask yourself this question... how would you like society to treat you in general?

I'd rank it

White man
    White woman
    Black woman
    Black man

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But when you are racist you believe your race is superior to ALL races.

Nook likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Not necessarily, there are people that just dislike a particular race. I have known a lot of people that felt one particular group was inferior...

FranchiseBlade and sirbaihu like this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

On the Titanic, they said "Women and children first!"
    I understand about children, but why women?

8. Nook

Nook Member

I get your point but disagree... I would likely rather be treated like a black man than a black woman. Being a woman is a large burden in society...

Look at the rape numbers, sexual assault numbers, domestic violence numbers. They are staggering and that cuts across all races. Look at the top killers for pregnant women...

Racism is a serious problem and has not been properly responded to but sexism is the biggest issue in the world IMO.

malakas likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't disagree. In my opinion, on a scale of 1-100. If black man was 100, black woman would be 99. I also was using the "in general" standard.

Nook likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They make the children.

One man can get a thousand women pregnant at once, one women can only have so many babies.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Look at the murder numbers. Isn't murder worst of all?

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah men are doing all the murdering too, damn testosterone I tell you h’what. Let’s just go ahead and skip to the how many men kill women vs women kill men part for this argument to crumble. The oppressed man argument is pretty weak sauce, we have historically had it pretty good.

Jayzers_100, Nook and malakas like this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So . . . women are baby makers? And, the women who survived the Titanic were honor-bound to produce babies to replace the men who went down with the ship? If a woman is sterile, should she give her spot on the lifeboat to a man who is fertile?

Dude, this is so weak.
    I'm a man. You're a man?
    If a man murders both of us, we deserve it?
    Coz men?
    You realize yours is the "Blacks deserve to be killed by each other" argument.

14. malakas

malakas Member

what's the point of this thread? It's not a competition.

Obviously what affects you personally is the worse.

And yes this forum has a ton of sexist posters who are too cowards to admit it.

Nook likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just giving you on reason why he have historically protected the women and children. Women make and raise the babies. We just protect the vulnerable in general as well.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  16. foh

foh Member

Your poll would likely be biased by the current political news (ie the race based civil unrest & race based rights social movements) and the representation of the minorities in question in the "testing" population on the forums.

You can easily and accurately predict the result without running a poll simply based on above facts.

Seems like the poll is meant to rile up a controversy and draw attention to the poster without said poster doing much writing or presenting a definitive point of view of their own on the topic.

ps. crying is fun. you are missing out @os_trigonum. i shed a few tears the other day and afterwards felt pretty damn good somehow. who said being thick skin and always strong is cool? (sorry if my controversial questions do not come with a fun little poll. maybe I should try that - I'm bored after all).

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Agreed it was the historical reasoning for "Women and children first." But we don't believe that now!

About men's violence: you said men do violence to women. I agree. Men also do violence to men. We agree so far.
    I say men are disproportionately victims of murder: we should care more. Do you agree?

You said men do most of the violence. So? You mean men as a gender are guilty or what?
    Well I already said we don't bat an eye sending hundreds of thousands of men into violent combat, so I guess I can agree with you that men are trained in violence and we mostly approve. But that doesn't make it OK for men to be murdered by criminals.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who doesn’t bat an eye? Your talking to a pacifist here lol

Men being the murdered and the murderers is a biological thing with our hormones. It’s not the same for black crime because black men aren’t genetically different from white men, so when that crime is high for one race of men in a country and not the others that’s a form of statistical racism.

It’s not saying it’s not sad and that we shouldn’t be doing all that we can to lower murder rates, but men are genetically more violent then women on average and statistics will likely stayed skewed for a very long time, until we evolve or genetically modify ourselves.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Who are committing the murders?... it isn’t women:

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Cool, I feel like we have the same end in sight. But I'm uncomfortable with your biology-based argument.

Here's one thing! If violence has biological roots, then men should be blamed less for it. They can't help the biology they were born with.
    More practically, if we say men are naturally inclined to fight, it makes it easier for us to train men to fill violent roles in the police and military. And still, even if men have this biological condition, that doesn't mean 58,000 men should die in Vietnam and only 8 women.

These days, since you don't even need a penis to be a man, being "a man" means having more violent and aggressive feelings than does "a woman," among other things, I guess. Here in this thread, I should start differentiating between "male" and "man."