1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which is the best Windows Phone 7?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So I've decided to make a pretty major change in my life and will soon be starting a new job working for Microsoft. In addition to moving to another city, one of the many things I need to get done in the next few weeks is to get a Windows Phone. My current company has supplied me with a Blackberry for the last several years, so I can go with any of the carriers on my new phone. The thing is it has to be a Windows Phone, obviously. Call quality is probably the most important thing for me, but I'd also like a device that has a good display. Since I'm sure I'll be typing a lot of emails on it, a really good virtual or physical keyboard is also important.

I'd love to wait for the Mango phones to come out later this year, but I have to get this device in the next 2 weeks, so that's not going to be an option. The Nokia Searay that comes out next year looks pretty sexy, but I'm not sure which carriers will have that phone. Any input you guys could give would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

can you wait till august 17th to see what nokia and microsoft will announce?

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/100852.html

Nokia and Microsoft today sent out joint invitations for a "party" that is expected to introduce the first Nokia-Windows phone on August 17.

The two companies will hold the invitation-only party at a "special location" in Cologne, Germany. Details were sparse, but the invitation added there will be a raffle for "Nokia with Windows Phone" devices.

3. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

I have the Samsung Focus and have been happy with it. Until the Mango phones come out..it might be your best bet.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I have a focus and I love it! I would wait for Mango native phones if I were you. If you can't wait go with either a focus or an HD7s. If you love to mod your phone, HD7s. If you watch a lot of TV/Movies/Videos go with the focus...

...But I'd still say wait if you can. Oh! Get an effing Zune pass. All the music you could ever want...

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Can't wait for the Mango phones unfortunately. I was looking into the Dell Venue Pro, because it has the AMOLED screen and a keyboard. I have read that it has some stability issues with wifi though. It's also only available on Tmobile and AT&T, so I'm not sure I want to go with one of the carriers. I've always heard Verizon has the best coverage, but I'm not impressed with the look of the HTC Trophy, which is the only phone they currently have.

The Focus does have the best looking screen that I've seen. Is the virtual keyboard on that one pretty good?

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The virtual keyboard is as good as any iPhone keyboard. In fact, it was the Focus that got me to switch from an iPhone to WP7. If you go verizon the Trophy is great. The sprint WP7 phone (for the life of me the name escapes me) is amazing as well, its an HTC. I wanna say the name is HTC Arrive?

I have mango beta 3 on my phone and it blows away anything I've seen of iOs. Cloud storage, facebook integration, voice nav (for free), Shazam-like search integrated into Bing, and Bing image translate are just amazing. You will love your new phone no matter which one you buy.

7. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

If you're in Houston, I'd recommend heading by the Microsoft Store in the Galleria. They almost all have Windows phones and can tell you a lot about them. From their time working with me, I can vouch for quite a few people there and know they'll give you good answers and take care of you.

And when you're done, you can head by that other tech store and talk with me about how bummed you are at the lack of NBA.