1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which is greater Clutch City I or II (for Tinman)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Which was greater? Clutch City I or II

1. Clutch City I, it was Houston's first Championship.

30 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Clutch City II, what the Rockets overcame to repeat was amazing.

64 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Both were equally great.

39 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. I don't remember either and /or don't care.

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Greatest games in Rockets history:

1) Game 7 vs NYK 1994 - Horry's inbounds dunk over Oakley followed by gratuitous screaming in his face, Hakeem's hookshot over Ewing in the last 3 min, Maxwell's trey the seal the title

2) Game 7 @ PHO 1995 - Drexler and Cassell bring the team back from a double digit deficit in the 2nd quarter with Hakeem on the bench in foul trouble, Elie's Kiss of Death trey

3) Game 5 @ UTA 1995 - Down in the 4th quarter, Drexler laced up an off balance 3 from the corner, Hakeem accidentally banked in a turnaround jumper, and Chucky Brown drained 2 clutch freethrows no problem to pull out the win.....Utah could not defeat Destiny

4) Game 5 @ PHO 1995 - Down 3-1, Drexler on IV's for high fever, Barkely was in the Butt-Kicking business......Rockets made their freethrows at the end, Suns didn't....Big Shot Bob took over in overtime

5) Game 2 @ UTA 1995 - Final score 140-126.....from tipoff to finish the Jazz were subjected to three pointer Shock 'n Awe

Honorable Mention: Game 5 @ LAL 1986 - Sampson's game winner

Most Intimidating Moment: Game 5 @ SAS 1995 - After Hakeem made a turnaround 18 ft jumper over Robinson, Elliot, and Del Negro in the middle of the 4th Q enroute to 42 points, the Spers literally shook their heads in disbelief, gave up, and forfeited this game altogether

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^ Nice list but what about game 1 of 1995 finals? Rox coming back from down 20, Kenny Smith setting the record for most 3 pointers in a post season game (including his last second three to tie where he faked out one of the Magic defenders at the 3 pt line and buries a dagger), Nick Anderson missing 4 three throws at the end that could've iced it for the Magic, and of course the last second drive by Clyde in OT that missed with Hakeem tipping it in. I swear that karmically made up for the 1983 UH loss to NC State where NC State got a last second put back dunk to sink Phi Slamma Jamma.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You've covered them all. Dream dominating Robinson was epic and the Kiss of Death was over the top. I was screaming at Elie - NO........ pass to dream and then Yes, it's a wrap. I almost fainted when he put up that shot.

4. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong AND wrong.

Game 3 of the 1994 WC semifinals was BYYYYYYY FAAAARRRRR the most important Rockets playoff game of all time. They don't win that one, then there is nothing. They go down 0-3 and we would not be talking about any of this. Unless you believe thay could come back and win the series, which has never been done in the NBA. That was THE game.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Yes, only I said "Greatest games" not most important games. I didn't list this game mainly because it ended up being a blowout and the "vault" game against Utah in '95 was just too spectacular not to put at #5...

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

If I had made a longer list, this game would have definitely been on it. But I just thought the other games were more impressive because the opponents were stronger with playoff tested veterans just as hungry as we were.