1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Walt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil, Oct 2, 2002.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Walt scored 10 points a game on a 28 win team, couldn't play defense, and now can't get signed on somewhere when guys like Langhi can. He was overpaid and mediocre at best. Far too streaky... :rolleyes:

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

Walt can't dribble? He's a former point guard for goodness sake. He may have some faults, but dribbling isn't one of them.

3. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Walt's 3-point percentage last year: 42.6%
    Mobley's 3-point percentage last year: 39.5%

Hmmm....I dunno about you, but looks like Walt was the better 3-point shooter, and by a comfortable margin.

4. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Shouldn't this be "Where's Walt-o?".
    I hear he's running in a big crowd now and favoring beenies and striped sweaters.:D

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My guess is that there are teams interested in him for a million or two but that Williams is having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that he won't be making $5 million anymore and is holding out for more money. In the end, as teams drop out of the Walt-race, he'll take the minimum to join someone's rotation.

By the way, thanks Shooter for looking up the numbers so I didn't have to. You could tell HP was up to something when he started naming months.

6. waltsucks 2

waltsucks 2 Member

the name says it all....................

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Thats what I was thinking, I believe he was called a "Poor man's Magic Johnson" for a reason.

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Walt was often the difference maker the last 2 seasons. When he was hot (w/ healthy team) then the Rocks usually won the game.

He wasn't our star player but he contributed.

So say he sucks all you want but Walt was respected on this team and he played an important role.

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Im sorry but Walt did suck.

One less over-paid player that we have to worry about eating up cap room.....

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'm not arguing that his usefullness is now passed. But while he was here, he contributed. He as a good fit for the team...therefore, didn't "suck."

His salary isn't worth it on this team...but it was worth it back then when we weren't cap contrained.

11. verse

verse Contributing Member

walt williams embraced the art of suckitude and made it his own.

12. HoustonTx

HoustonTx Member

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE WIZ, BUT LET ME RESPOND TO THIS:

Glen Rice minus injuries

Glen Rice minus 5 million

Glen Rice minus 5 million & injuries

13. coke

coke Member

Contigo :D :D :D :D :D

14. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Wiz should go to Washington... :p