1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's the Fast Break?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JunkyardDwg, Nov 17, 2000.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, the Rockets used to (last year) run a lot more. Every chance they got they would run and try to get fast break points. But not only would they just do that, but they would get the whole team involved on the fast break. ONE person would not run it up the court himself and try to do something. THey would pass it off. This year, all they seem to do is walk it up, dribble, take a shot - all this done by one guy! IT perplexes me sooo when Francis doesnt use his God given speed to ignite a fast break and then draw a defender to him to free up the open Mobley, Anderson, or Walt. I thought Rudy said something last year about how they were gonnna run now (its gonna be a running offense). I guess it was just a one-season thing. [​IMG]

I am pleased that they are 5-5 this year instead of 2-8, and that they are showing signs of improvement. It just perplexes me that they don't seem to be takin some of the strategy they used last year and incorporate it this year. I never really see many fast breaks, or many fast breaks where one guy doesnt try to do everything himself

------------------

2. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

The Rockets haven't been rebounding well early. They are much better than they have shown so far this season. Once they start grabbing more defensive boards, they can outlet and get the break going.

It'll come.

------------------
    "We end up with Francis/Mobley isolations very often. More often, I'd say, then other teams." -- jamcracker

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Our fast break is sucking. And Cain is right; Mobley should not be dribbling on the break. Shandon is not very good at leading it, too. And overall, it seems we are not very good at getting the outlet to Francis ALL the time. If Mobley and Shandon cannot lead a fast break (being wing runners instead), we must practice always getting it to Francis. And we need practice.

On a good note, we did execute 3 secondary transition plays (ie. quick sets before the defense groups) for points last night.

4. RickQuick

RickQuick Member

The fast break is not there because we have let Pig Miller go. During the championship years, it was Charles Jones on the fast Break; last year it was Pig Miller. Maybe we need to trade for that speedy guy Big Country.....

------------------

5. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I couldnt agree more with this post. I get pissed off when i see francis or mobley just stroll up the court when they could be pushing the tempo and gettin easy layups and dunks

------------------
    www.truebballfansite.homestead.com