1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's everybody sitting for the last game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I know what you mean. I think we just got to them too late with too many people for them to accomodate us. Next year, we will do it MUCH earlier - like right when the schedule comes out. [​IMG]

------------------
    And then, depression set in...

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And to think, I almost bought those courtside seats ... Row 1. Muhahahaha... damn, that would've been sweet, but sanity set in. [​IMG]

Also, I'm kind of nervous about the seating arrangement. I feel as if I'm sitting next to a lynch mob from the way the dots are arranged. [​IMG]

But then again, maybe everyone wants to be in the presence of "Da Doctah". [​IMG]

------------------
    Yugo grills, Yugo mills, Check out the oil my Yugo spills...

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'm in 237, row N

------------------

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bought my tickets via ticketmaster.com and I know where I'll be sitting. I'm not sure about the CC.net ticketholders, though.

------------------

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Most of the cc.net ticket buyers already got their tickets by mail, so they'll know. If they are at will call, you won't know til you get there like me! [​IMG]

Our final tally of people who bought tickets using the cc.net/SOR form was 237! That doesn't count anyone already with tickets or those that purchased them through Ticketmaster.

------------------
    And then, depression set in...

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

look like 237 is where the fun is....but only until they move down to sit with DoD, i guess.

DoD, do you know semaphore to give us signals on when to move down.

7. heypartner

237 tickets that you know of, so probably 300 cc.net'rs.

damn, that is 3% of the Bobble-head doll market. [​IMG]

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh joy. The rag-tag clown posse of cc.net moves down to sit with Da Doctah. That's all I need is rockHEAD moving down with his Mighty Bong smokin' up thunder clouds next to me. [​IMG]

I'll be happy if I can stay awake during the game with the drive and the impending drive back. I hope I don't drool if I fall asleep... that's always embarrassing, especially if the camera happens to pan towards you.

------------------

9. heypartner

10. OT

OT Member

I will be in Sec 123 Row J Seats 13 & 14

------------------

11. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

203/F/9-10

Jeff,
    Let us know so, just in case, we can get our affairs in order to be there at 5pm. If it includes players, I definitely will need to do some shuffling to get there.

HP - Map me, baby!

------------------

12. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Section 237, row L, seat 9

Anyone sitting close?

------------------

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

rockHEAD and mr_oily are a few seats down from you on the same row. aelliott is a couple of rows away from you.

------------------

14. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I'm 6', bald head, goatee. I'm bringing a lady freind, but I've already warned her that I will embarrass the sh*t out of her.

I'll try not to spill my beer or hit you with my cotton candy when I pass by.

------------------

15. OT

OT Member

I got my ticket the day single game tickets were available. It may have been before the first regular season game this year. I wanted to make sure I could get a good seat to watch what I thought was going to be Dream's last game.

------------------

16. Sexual Harassment Panda

I laugh at your best seat award OT [​IMG]

------------------

17. heypartner

OT [​IMG]

Are you telling me that you got 2 seats in 123 on the aisle in the middle of the freaking stadium at perfect height without being or knowing a season ticketholder, or using a broker?

That's a fib...admit it!!!

If you don't, you are being so incredibly cruel to me [​IMG] , because those seats year in and year out are not available even for season tickets sales, forget about one game. I want to yell at someone if this is not a cute white lie.

Matter of fact, DoD can go ahead and fess up too that he got his through a ticket broker. His seats aren't available to season-ticketholder sales either.

grrrr....you guys are being cruel!

18. OT

OT Member

They were gotten directly from the Rockets and not thru Ticketmaster.

------------------

19. heypartner

man, you have got to tell me the truth!

email me here. I really need to find out how you got those seats...please!

This really pisses me off. I always ask for that section when upgrading. I always do. I'm telling you, this whole upgrade thing is bogus, then. The Rockets do not play fair...as in 'most tenure' gets the better upgrade, and their deadlines are bogus.

I'll tell you what probably happenened. A long, longtime seasonticket holder refused to upgrade due to a bogus price increase. They tried and tried to get them to renew, and by the time they gave up, they had already upgraded me and everyone else.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited April 16, 2001).]

20. OT

OT Member

HP. You are pretty close on your guess. The guy that got them for me had been a long time ticket holder but did not renew his tickets this year. He & his wife also had a bad experience(I won't give you details but, it was bad!) at a Rocket game and I think the Rocket's were trying to make up for it. I did have to pay full price but at least I didn't have the markup of a broker.

------------------