1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Bruno?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 9, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow, you guys still do not believe?

Many were wrong about RoCo, JGreen and now you will also be wrong about Bruno.

With a team full of vets, Bruno will be brought along carefully and he will have to earn his minutes.

But 2 blocks, 1 rebound and smother defense in 4 minutes was more efficient than Thabo.

And Thabo can still play.

You will all change your tune after a few games to gain MDA and rest of team's trust.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's a broke man's Giannis. :D
    He actually was shooting really well on 3's when he was with the Vipers (over 40% on good volume), and I was thinking they were hoping he could man the paint a bit on defense or maybe a kind of Covington role. Memphis grabbed him and he started out really well there last season, but has faded this season. They may be hoping he somehow returns to the late-Viper/early-Memphis form somehow.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Granted it was 5 minutes, but Bruno looks raw.

saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Giannis wasn't Giannis, underdeveloped project coming out of the G-league.

5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

bruno gotta learn and feel comfortable with the system
    looked a bit nervous

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He has experience guarding Giannis would be my guess.

xaos and DeBeards like this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta say he looked a little lost out there lol. Worse than preseason two years ago.

saleem likes this.
  8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Enjoyed watching him hustle and block shots on the other end. His jumper is still suspect, like people say, he's a year away from being 2 years away. Still not sturdy enough to play consistently...

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

in all fairness harden or russ wasnt with him. we have to think of him as clint. all i want him to do is catch lobs first. them he can move to his guard skills. 3 pointers n drives. but first lets get him to clint first. which he can. again clint n lob guys with russ n harden. dime a dozen. essy for him to fit when those 2 are with him

RudyTBag and bleedroxred79 like this.
  10. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Yup, focus on lobs and rebounding. He has the tools to be effective but the IQ and quickness is lacking.

mike2k132 likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He definitely isn't a finished product but I do not believe that game was indicative of his comfort level. He was thrown into a game his first chance back and I don't think he was mentally ready. Not only is this a new team but he hasn't played in two months due to a knee injury. Hopefully MDA sees something in practice because I do think we need someone who can run the PNR on occasion to provide a different look.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

in small ball system, either bruno playing like a poor man's Stoudemire or Boris Diaw, MDA would love to give him a hug and allow him 15-18min/game, otherwise he gonna follow in Harty's footsteps.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

4 min hot takes. LOL

O' ye of little faith.

Patience people.

1 game, first game, team full of vets.

He will become fan favorite before end of season.

ElDobleK and treyk3 like this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. It’s hart to judge in 5 minutes of action. I did see MDA run a lob set for Green that was usually ran for Capela

ElDobleK, treyk3 and D-rock like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Some great activity on defense and some nervous errors on offense. I'm excited for his progression and hope he turns into the player he can be. Hopefully we can get him signed long term this offseason and give him a real shot of getting comfortable.

D-rock, xaos and RudyTBag like this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bruno shows you what he can do defensively. He will help out greatly in garbage time when we tend to give up tons of baskets.

D-rock likes this.
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

Nervous energy on offense. Young guy on a team full of vets and he knows if he wants playing time he needs to show ability to score. When he fell on the dime from Jeff Green (great attack and drop off pass by the way) he was trying to drop his shoulder anticipating contact, but the defender decided not to contest the open dunk. Had he just gone up and dunked it, I think it completely changes how we perceive he did offensively because that just looked bad lol. The three was an attempt to make up for the slip and slide. Rivers missed him on a lob after he slipped a screen. Getting stripped going to the basket was the only one that I was annoyed by.

Defensively I thought he looked good and was super disruptive.

#117 vator, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

Hard to explain this guys potential because if he ever figures it out he could be an all star. But his career trajectory is Anthony Randolph

19. ballgame

ballgame Member

He did THREE things in that video that we could have used last night and on a regular basis; REBOUND THE BALL, STOLE THE BALL AND BLOCK SHOTS!!! The offensive nervous energy comes from NOT PLAYING!

With MDA we will ALWAYS have TWO THINGS; a good regular season and fall short in the playoffs. Because he does not go deep into his rotation.....YOU HAVE THE TALENT ON THE ROSTER, USE IT!!!!!

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

mda just give people one time, if u are unable to score get more than 10 points, he will not use anymore. defence and rebounds are not important for MDa except a guy call brewer, I really dont know why mda uses him