1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Brent Barry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emma, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Emma

Emma Member

:confused: I'm confused. Don't we sign him for the playoffs? Is he injured or something? Why everytime I saw him in the camara he was sitting on the bench quietly in his red shirt, or just chatting with Deke like his younger brother?

2. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Von Wafer thats what happen to Brent Barry. Von is getting his minutes.

3. superweapon-yao

a trump for the Lakers

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Blazers are too athletic. Not Barry's series.

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I'm hoping Bones will have his time, when the matchups are right. I really like him and I think he's gonna be big for us, hopefully in the Lakers series.

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

He's contributing...in the locker room.

7. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

Von Wafer is simply playing to well for brent to be seeing any minutes. Even in the game in which we lost and was down by a big margin, we dun need Brent to space the floor for us on offense.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Barry is way too unathletic to do guard Roy, Outlaw, or Rudy.

Though, I wish he'd play in the closing seconds. Our 80% (and above) free throw shooters can't make 2 damn free throws.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I'd like to see Barry and his shooting against LA. But right now Von is making Brent's threes.

10. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I believe we can use that weapon when the matchups are favorable. Do you want him chasing Rudy or Brandon through tough picks on the defensive end? The guys in front of him aren't shooting bricks either...

11. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Portland have better guards, and also their guards is young and more athletic, adelman didnt have enough courage, even Von do very well when hes on the court. Maybe when we face LA he will show...

12. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Hey at least it appears that he'll be going to the second round unlike his former team this year.

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

14. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

#13 > #17 right now. Von has a more favorable matchup with Blaze guards than Bones will do. But RA could use him in the clutch (over Brooks) though.
    So, #17 > #0

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Barry is still good but not as good as we wanted

kinda like mike james

bust.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the bench where he belongs. I really don't understand the Barry love on this board. I know he seems like a good/funny guy, but his play this year has been subpar. I haven't looked at the stats, but it seems to me like his outside shot has been atrocious, he's made lots of turn overs, and he doesn't have the athleticism to finish at the rim anymore.

17. engr chris

engr chris Member

Bad match-up against the Blazers but I think he will get his minutes against the Fakers. I remember last year, he played significant minutes for the Spurs against the Lakers and he played well.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

No, Mike James brought nothing to the table. Brent brings his experience to the rest of his team mates. Depending on the situation, he might get some minutes if Kobe isn't on the floor or one of the guards get into foul trouble.

19. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

.... on the bench where he belongs, is it me or does he basically misses all his 3's, Wafer penetrates and is a shooter rather have him in there

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think a team against the Lakers barry may see more minutes as he can be the smarter player the rockets need on the floor to help yao with the spacing.

Wafer has been great this post season but outside of game 2, he really has only put together single halfs of good basketball (play good for the rockets in one half, play good for the blazers in the other half)