1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Kevin Sumlin end up?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Air Langhi, Dec 2, 2011.

?

where

1. atm

38.8%
  2. asu

11.3%
  3. uh

46.3%
  4. other

3.8%
  1. Major

Major Member

Umm, no. For starters, this is just absurd. Second, the BCS game is worth a total of about $18MM to the conference. There are more than 18 CUSA referees.

2. RedNews

RedNews Member

That was what was said as I was coming back from lunch on the Matt Thomas show.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I think he may have been joking, implying conference USA will pay the refs to make sure UH wins.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Didn't realize Sumlin coached at ATM before. I think he we will end up there.

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

I heard that Sumlin to ASU was pretty much a done deal. He loves the Tempe/Phoenix area. He likes the sunshine and the open minded people. I think 3mil in phoenix is better than 5 mill in hickville.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Aggies will have a bowl game of some sort
    MIKE SHERMAN not coach that game . . because he not the coach at A&M anymore
    If Sumlin takes the ASU job or any other. . . likewise he won't be the coach at UofH anymore

so why would it shock you . . .that he . . like Sherman
    won't coach for his old school anymore?

Rocket River

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He should hold off, coach the BCS game, and then move on to ASU or A&M.

DD

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, and he is in a position to possibly go undefeated this season. With they way his team has played the last 8 weeks, they can compete in the BCS series...

A 14-0 season and top 3 finish in the standings is probably enough to keep him from ditching prior to the BCS.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If he wants his BCS game so bad I'd wait until after the game before extending him a contract. See how he performs against a real team, real pressure... you know, really put his nuts on the dresser. Then lets see what his demands are.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

a&m is a a death trap for coaches. you just can't recruit there like you think you should be able to

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Perennial top 25 recruiting classes. Current top ten team at the skill positions (when healthy). Top ten o-line. Had the best defensive player in the game last year.

12. Nook

Nook Member

From hearing the man speak and seeing how he runs his team, he may very well view the situation just the way you put it. I dont know if he is a genius or even the best talent evaluator (although he is quite good), his best trait is that he is very tough and holds himself accountable, and it is reflected in his football team.

Art Briles is a good football coach, but UH would have 2 losses this year with him at the helm. If A&M is lucky enough to get him, and not dump him after 1-2 years, I believe he could be a long term solution to their revolving coaching door.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how's those rankings working out. at least you're ranked in something

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thus fired the coach. Sherman made his own bed, that's obvious.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think it's pretty obvious that recruiting rankings are basically worthless.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Last year was the first time A&M finished in the top 25 (21st last year) in over a decade....

So lets not act like this is just Sherman....

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Which is why I pointed to the talent on offense. TAMU isn't on par with OU or Texas in recruiting but its still significantly better than most programs. Talent is not the problem and it hasn't been the problem since Franchione's first year.

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman
    Arizona State ends its pursuit of University of Houston coach Kevin Sumlin. tinyurl.com/crwch2a

19. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

God I hope Sumlin isn't hired at A&M. Don't want.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Are aggies just a bunch of racists?