1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Andre Johnson end up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you do that. Just like those who were calling for a 4 win season last year were going to post me calling for 8-8 at a minimum.....

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Considering you predicted stardom for guys like Fitz, Clowney, and DMo, not sure how seriously we can take your scouting reports

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Dre is not over the hill. That doesn't mean it was the wrong move for the texans.

4. Mr. Clutch

Kubiak screwed our cap IMO. Worked for a couple years now we are in no mans land.

Of course B'OB muffing the draft didn't help either

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your failure to accurately represent things that I've said in the past never ceases to amaze. At some point I'd think you'd accidentally get things right, yet....

6. Mr. Clutch

I guess there are 7 contending nfl teams that are so stupid they dont realize Andre sucks and wanted his services.

Weird that they got so good in the first place

7. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Colts? Really? I wish we could've traded him to the raiders, but too bad. What's done is done.

8. showa13

showa13 Member

I understand the love for Dre but there's no way he puts up those kind of stats not being the No. 1 option, which he won't be

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You or anyone remember Randy Moss?

I have a feeling Dre might have a statement season (if healthy). But he'll be done soon after deal is complete.

Texans will still compete next season. Lots of question marks, but the team needed to move on. Sadly, the Colts saw it as prime position to take next step.

10. Mr. Clutch

Seems like the colts had more capspace than we did.

Wtf

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dre will finally get to roll with a top notch QB, and he got a decent deal. Good for him, he gave us the best of him and I wish him well. I hope he does well except for those two games against HTown.

12. Mr. Clutch

You're not a real Texans fan.

Just kidding. My sentiments exactly.

13. showa13

showa13 Member

Randy Moss had just turned 30 when he joined the Pats. He also had a Prime Tom Brady. Dre will be 34 when the season starts. He maybe has one more good season ahead of him. And IIRC Moss had that one historic season then was pretty much done after that

14. Mr. Clutch

2008-2009 were really good too for him then he dropped off hard (when he was 33)

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

More Texans fans should be like this.

Too many people in this thread acting like the scorned person that couldn't give their former SO what they wanted, but when the SO left for someone who could, we get pissy.

He's gone. Get over it. Let's move on.

16. justafriend

justafriend Member

And to continue that analogy if you still wanted the respect of your ex you wouldn't go date their sibling or best friend. Obviously the Texans have culpability here, and if I was in Andre's shoes I probably I wouldn't give a rat's about what Texans fans thought, so I don't necessarily blame him for this choice but it's pretty reasonable to no longer wish him success. Not saying I want him to get hurt or anything gross like that, but I hope he & his new team fail miserably. And I think it will be pathetic as heck when this organization inevitably brings him back to honor him & retire his number. To me, he's lost that privilege. It's nothing I really need to "get over" IMO, rivalries are a big part of why following sports are enjoyable, at least for me. If I didn't care even a little that a great player in my team's history went to play for a bitter rival, then I'd probably quit watching altogether because obviously it doesn't mean anything to me. :shrug:

17. justafriend

justafriend Member

At any rate, it's probably time to change the banner here. ;)

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Who shall be our new bannerman?

19. justafriend

justafriend Member

I hope that's a rhetorical question. :grin:

[​IMG]

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, how long before JJ Watt signs with the Colts?