1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Andre Johnson end up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 10, 2015.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Stay classy Houston. This was purely a good business move by Andre. Just business.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

i would agree If he had signed with the cowgirls. That #80 will most definitely be retired.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Of all places. He is determined to get sweet revenge. Luck and Johnson will light up the Texans big time.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, please explain:

If it was just "business" when the Texans released AJ, why couldn't it be just "business" when he signed with the Colts? Unless I'm mistaken, when the Texans released AJ, he was free to sign wherever he wished is that not so? Or was he released with the "understanding" that he could only sign with certain teams that the Texans "preferred"? Please explain what he did that's so terrible here - after all by my watch, he wasn't a Texan as of Monday. But hey! look on the bright side: We got the QB that Cleveland didn't want. Whoo Hoo!

5. likestohypeguy

Yeah I can understand not rooting for him after he goes to any other team regardless of circumstances, more so if to a division rival, but I don't understand all the posting over and over trying to convince everyone it had nothing to do with one of the best qb's or money or anything else, and the only reason it could be was purely sticking it to the Texans.

I guess if that's really his priority, then he would have still gone there even if they didn't have a qb, and for less money, just to stick it to us? And there could be no degree favorable circumstances that would mean otherwise? No matter how good the football and money situation is vs other destinations, can still only be for revenge?

Idk I'd never act like I know exactly how each factor was weighted in his decision,weird how some feel so certain.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He demanded a trade or his release when he was told about a role reduction and he knew that a pay cut was coming.....only to take a pay cut and a reduced role with his former team's biggest rival. I can bring you to water, but I can't make you drink.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

1) He was going to take a pay cut anywhere he went compared to the money he was owed by the Texans

2) We have no way of knowing what his role in Indy will be. My guess is it won't be "reduced" from what it was here last year.

Indy offered him a decent chunk of change, a significant passing game to be a part of, and a legit shot to win a ring. Seems pretty simple.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wish Andre the best and would like to see him have success even with the Colts.

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

Absolute terrible!! This is almost as bad as Hakeem signing with the Raptors! I hope he sucks!!:rolleyes:

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1) Obviously because he's nowhere near worth that much money, but he didn't like it.

2) I HIGHLY doubt he'll see anywhere near 146 targets as the 3rd option for the Colts. He's basically taking Reggie Wayne's spot who was on pace for 124 targets last year. If Andre sees only 124 targets that puts him on pace for around 70 receptions.....a signficantly reduced role.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Depends on how you define "reduced role".

I say 8 TDs and 1200 yards.

If it's fewer targets, so be it. My guess is he won't mind.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Texans playing for second place in the division for the foreseeable future.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is very little chance he gets that unless they target him like 180+ times. I think he's probably looking more in the 800-900 yards range. Maybe 4 TD's.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah its better to face reality at this point. You have guys thinking Swearinger is going to knock him out lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Andre is saying in his head why don't yall just go nuts over JJ Watt's greatness while staying mediocre as a team until he gets tired of it.

1 person likes this.
  15. showa13

showa13 Member

Business is Business. As much as I loved Andre(was the first Texans jersey I had) he had to take a paycut and reduced role. Hopkins surpassed him as the best receiver on this team. I hope he does well in Indy, but I don't think he is.

At the end of the day, this was the right move for the Texans. Take off the nostalgia glasses and you'd see this. Dre was great in his heyday, but he's over the hill now. I honestly don't think this(or the Gore addition) moves the needle for the Colts that much.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'll knock it down a bit due to the team swap and QB chemistry transition, etc.

1100 and 7.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You gotta raise it up because he has a legitimate QB not Ryan "above average" Fiddlestick throwing to him.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He never had a problem with DeAndre surpassing him so this stuff about him having a problem with it is BS

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, well it's not based in reality, but why not? It's just a fan projection. The first option for passing is TY Hilton, the 2nd option is TE, the 3rd option is Andre Johnson. Do you really think he'll get 170+ targets? Also in the red zone the first option will be a TE, the second option will be a TE, the third option will be a RB, the fourth option will be a Luck keeper, somewhere WAY down the list will be Andre Johnson. Its very unlikely that he'd get 7 TD's given his role.

20. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Lol. I'll bump this when dre posts 1200+ yards 10+ TDs next year