1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where were YOU when the Chris Paul trade was announced?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 28, 2017.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Me and my gf were snuggling then I heard on the radio Chris Paul is coming to Houston. I pulled out and turned up the volume.

I was reading e-mails at work, I checked here first before reading e-mails.... shhhhhhhhh.

13 in 33 likes this.
  2. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

I was eating chicken and shrimp at Applebee's in Suffolk, VA

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same here, exams starting next week and this completely threw me off. Thought it was going to be okay since Paul has signed with us, but now I'm constantly F5ing in hope of a 3rd star joining the team.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. touring_low

touring_low Member

^This...

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

I was browsing through clutchfans, eventhough it was the off season and saw the original forum post 5 minutes after it was posted!!! I went strait to Facebook and posted about it!

6. Chamillionaire

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

I was next to b_allholic at Shipley's sharing a dozen donuts and some kolaches when he received the text about the trade way before Woj tweeted out the trade.Then right after that I got a text for next week's winning lotto numbers. True story.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

It was a hot and spottily-stormy Houston afternoon. Work's ever-present futility continued to wear to on the very fabric of my soul. I checked Clutchfans in a desperate attempt to find meaning in my life. That day...I did.

Killatron 2000 and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. macan

macan Member

was on xvideos, and had my tissue box out.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Work. Didn't get to know the news until the end of the work day.

I have old school work ethic, you know. ;)

BTW, good thing I was not driving on Houston freeways yesterday. All these CFers posting while driving in their cars. :eek:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

seems to be the case. Most rockets fans have the tendency to get too excited too soon. like when we picked up Lin and everyone thought we were going to the finals.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Thought you were going to mention Ty Lawson ...

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

I was in the Brussels airpot with a dumb smile on my face, making half a scene to be honest. Trade completely blindsided me.

People were looking around at me weirdly, and I just looked weirdly back at them. You don't even know me bro, stop judging.