1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where to get TINT?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mooch, May 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mooch

Mooch Member

I wanna get tint on my car and dont know where to go.. want to go to a really good place but price still good.. i was thinking 25% tint but does any 1 have pics of there cars with tint? thanks alot

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You might want to make sure the tint is legal before you get it put on... otherwise you'll be paying for the price of the tint, the install, and the removal and end up with nothing to show for your expenses. :) If it really is 25%, you should be ok. With 25% tint, you're starting to get a bit dark. If it's going on a black car it may look ok still, but I see guys putting 5% tint on their black cars and driving around looking like some giant black deathmobile.

And don't get the $79-$99 specials that use dye film... that stuff will be purple in a year. Get somebody that uses quality film like Llumar, Madico, 3M, etc., or among the best - Huper Optik. Then find a reputable installer that's been around and not Lucky Leroy's House of Tires and Taquitos on the nearest street corner.

3. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

4. Mooch

Mooch Member

i might get 20% or 25% im not sure yet.. have u heard of a place called executive motoring boutique ( i think thats it)?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nope, but then I don't live in Houston anymore. :D

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

only window that needs to be legal are the driver side and front passenger side. The rest can be as dark as you wannabe, but that shade difference would make such an ugly contrast. If you have a nice car, I think cops rarely ever pull over cars with dark tint. I think it's 35 legal right? I have 30 all around.

Just go to executive motoring boutique on hillcroft btw richmond and westheimer. Ask for Kovid or Rene and tell them Mike Tran sent ya.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nope. 25% is legal now to my knowledge - back windows on most cars can be whatever. But the catch is that the 25% is total light let through which includes the tint AND whatever tint the window itself may have. I've got a black car and have 35% on the side windows and 20% on the back. Also, the laws for tinting really vary depending on a variety of things - it isn't just the front windows need to be one %age and the rest can be another. Most tint shops don't even keep up with this stuff, so that's why you need to go to a reputable one.

I know in the past some friends have said ArTech does good work, but I've never used them. They used to be in Houston - I'm guessing they still are.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

If you get basic cable, you have TNT. Now you just need the I channel. I don't know how to get that one.

9. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

ULTIMATE PROTECTION & SOUND

9840 WESTPARK
    HOUSTON, TX 77063
    713-784-6005

I TAKE ALL MY BENTLEYS AND BMWS THERE, HAHA JK. BUT THATS WHERE IVE TAKEN MY LAST 3 CARS THAT IVE PURCHASED, THEY DO A GREAT JOB.

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Find a place that sells "Formula One" brand window film...

way better performance and warranty than any 3M or Llumar crap.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Llumar and F1 are made by the same company - CPFilms. As for better warranty, not necessarily. Most Llumar films have a lifetime warranty just like the F1's - the only ones that don't are their pure dye films, which like I said should be outlawed.

Llumar isn't crap - or a ton of residential/auto installers are wrong. :)

What's crap is dye films as opposed to ceramic/semi-metallic films.

12. Mooch

Mooch Member

thanks guys.. i went to executive motoring on gessner... they did a great job

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

my vision must be going south

for a sec there, the thread title looked like "where to get TNT?"

14. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I've been seeing that all day today when I come in the hangout