1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where the F to stay in San Francisco

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheMountainTop, Aug 24, 2013.

1. TheMountainTop

I have a temporary place to stay for a week or so but would like to know where most people stay because this city is super expensive. Also if its even worth it to stay up here. I moved up from Los Angeles for a change of scenery but am having second thoughts now.
    :confused:

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Would you consider living outside of SF? There's plenty of other cheap places in the bay area.

If your wanting to stay in the city around balboa park is nice and cheaper then most spots.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

HanSolo has a place there.

4. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Actually I think Baqui99 lives there or so I recall. Ask him.

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Bohemian Grove.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Stay somewhere in the Bay Area like someone else mentioned, you don't have to stay in SF city proper. You could try Oakland too.

8. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

check out padmapper: https://www.padmapper.com/

you can live in south sf or richmond, or as someone else mentioned, the east bay (oakland) is cheaper and still a cool place to live. plus you can BART into the city pretty easily.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Balboa Park is definitely more affordable. OP, our rents are completely out of control right now in SF. A lot of its driven by local tech industry. There's more web business in town, but SF has also become a bedroom community for Silicon Valley.

The place for (some) rent relief is the *east* bay, from what I can tell. So when people recommend Oakland, yes, but you can look south of there as well. Then you can BART to the city for your SF experience.

North of the city (Marin county) and south of the city (the peninsula) are both ridiculous for rents as well, from what I've been told.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Bay area is just flat out overpriced. But you are right some cheaper places you could live would be hayward for example, or vallejo.

11. TheMountainTop

The rent is ridiculous! I want to be in a city atmosphere. I might as well move to New York!

I would consider living in the east bay and using the bart but is it safe to live in Oakland??

12. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

It has it's safe and rough spots just like anywhere else.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

have you tried paratrooping in the Castro?

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Probably.. there's gotta be areas in Oakland where higher income residents live

15. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Bernal Heights, Potrero Hill, Outer Sunset and Outer Richmond are "relatively" ok if you don't mind roommates... But for a week, I would try airbnb.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Depends on how old you are.

Mission District is full of college students and bars. Decent food and night life. still expensive but not at the prices further north. Close to Castro, but that actually makes the place safer due to gentrification. Homeless are everywhere.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member