1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 3, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

LeBron James going next?

Down big in the 2nd qtr and facing elimination, you know Maverick Carter is working the phone lines.

I say he's going to join Giannas.

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Patrick on the phone with him right now

3. DonatelloLimestone

It isn't Mav who makes the calls. It the agent rich Paul
    But based on his recent quotes, he won't take any of his many clients close to the rockets:

"
    Paul said, via Chotiner:

"'I educated [Davis] on why I thought the team wouldn't be . . . ' He paused. 'All athletes are competitive and confident, until reality sets in. And I educated him on things.'"
    "You either need your team in place, or you need flexibility, assets, money, and the ability to make decisions. And, more important, the willingness to pay the [luxury] tax ... This ain't 'Moneyball.'"

Paul was referring to a team either being ready to compete, having future flexibility to improve the team, and being willing to pay the so-called luxury tax for spending over the salary cap. According to Chotiner, the Pelicans were not willing to pay it at the time and thus kept their payroll below a certain level.

BallSoHarden, D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I feel CP3 prepping to join LeBron in L.A.

Leaving $44 million in Phoenix. Commercials better pad his wallet more.

BallSoHarden, D-rock, H.D. and 3 others like this.
  5. ballgame

ballgame Member

LeBron needs a Batman now! He can't win a ring as the man, he needs help! He's about to go ring chasing.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lebron is going nowhere. I don’t think he enjoys losing in the first round but I don’t think he’s all that upset about it either. Unpopular take here im sure but I get the sense he’s closer to retirement than some might assume.

I think the guy is pretty burnt out on the game and at this point you might not blame him. He didn’t pick LA to win championships. He picked it because he wanted to do other things and transition out of basketball at some point. If it was on his mind then two years ago... retirement is definitely on his mind now.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lebron ain’t retiring till he gets the all time points scoring title.

Also **** Lebron, his career and anything he ever does outside of basketball.

Corrosion, photojoe, juanm34 and 8 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We'll see how ready Bronny will be.

9. WiltTheStilt13

Join forces with C Wood and D House!!!

txtodd likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Perhaps, but it was nice to see Bron being eliminated by Chris Paul and his team.

I'm not a Bron hater, the Utah Jazz are always the worst for me, plus the Mavs and GSW too. I can't stand them.

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Bucks trade 2future 1st, Lopez,Middleton for Lebron?

I can see it. Bucks going hard after the trophy for giannis. They might even keep Jrue in trade and just add Lopez, if the lakers can get 2 first!

Maybe the Lakers window has closed.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lebron turns on AD and forces a Giannis for AD swap in the preseason!!!

txtodd, ApacheWarrior and saleem like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well if Harden choked with no help, then LeBron choked. I am a Bron hater....lol

I'm a Gimini, we don't care for shades of gray. I like people to be treated equal.
    LeBron, seen under the same microscope as Harden (Rocket years).

#13 ApacheWarrior, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    photojoe, vlaurelio and saleem like this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Where is....

The dish?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bravo, Apache! Bravo!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. DonatelloLimestone

Championships and winnign is a part of his brand. He knew he went there and won it unlocked movies and all sorts fo ties we saw for kobe. And he went there and got a ship, jumped loop holes to get in another superstar. doesn't seem like he didn't go there to win

This year it just seemed he the bad luck of injuries. IT wasn't hard to see his first step and explosion slightly lacking, he still was an elite athlete but he wasn't quite his fluid self that he was before the injuries and theres no reason that an offseason with how he is(spend a mil on his body yearly, uber historic elite work ethic and dedication to the game-you don't become a better elite shooter at 35 like him without working on your game, he didn't have that when he was with the cavs, he does now)

Hes always had a big picture mentality with his brand, business and its pretty damn impressive for someone with 'no education' and no 'guidance' to go empower his friednds and set the bar for maybe building one of the best brands not named MJ in this league. good for him.

I think once hes won and competes at his level, its only championship or bust for them. People are quick to forget they were much better before the injruies and ithose things just happened, just like we saw with paul one slowed down year doesnt mean the death sentence, espcially for someone who has a focus/drive like lebron. I'd imgine next year he'll be quieting the doubters. I think at this point since hes already brought a ship with the lakers he also has to look forward to beating the scoring title as well as the possiblity of what he said was a huge dream, stepping on an nba court with bronny.

Can AD sty healthy? That may be more of a concern..what will they do abotu replacing harrel/schroder and finding the right fit? Thats a good question. One thing thats not a question. He aint coming to houston and no one with clutch sportsl ooking fo win will after what his agent said

17. hakeemthagreat

Maybe he can form another superteam by joining Boston or Zion. Real legends switch teams every other year

photojoe, juanm34 and napalm06 like this.
  18. H.D.

H.D. Member

You have excellent taste in avatars.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't think going to Lakers was about winning. Same with Kawhi. Sure that's priority 1B but first and foremost they just want to live there. I don't think there's any way he's relocating his family again.

Mathloom likes this.
  20. RLP55

RLP55 Member

dobro 1229 is spot on. Lebron going to LA, winning a ring is secondary to establishing/promoting his brand outside the association. He already had one foot in the Hollywood cesspool, he's ready to take the leap. His ego/drive will keep him motivated to play a season or two more, but he can't wait to get the accolades of the woke entertainment industry. He becomes their cash cow.