1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Terrence Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by callmened, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

Who cares, DMo is doing his thing

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

if he's out much longer, i'd be concerned about when he does come back > rotation/chemistry

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

are you seriously saying that, t.jones would still be great off the bench... he is agreat weakside shotblocker

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure it'll be great to get Jones back, he'll really bolster the bench when he gets back in playing shape. That said, it's hard to miss him when DMo is playing like this. Jones is better than Black, but we're not missing Jones in the starting lineup at all.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I definitely agree with you. Frontcourt depth would help a lot, especially in the Western Conference.

6. newAge_Rockets

I'm just salivating at the thought of having such a talented player like Jones being an explosive punch off the bench. This team is the best I've ever watched, and I think they have what it takes to go all the way. Then again, the same can be said about 3-4 teams in the Western Conference :(

Disclaimer: I was born mid 90s, so I have no memory if the championship teams.

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

Yes we are, but not for the reasons you're thinking about.

Ariza played 42 minutes tonight. Why? Because we have no one to play backup PF or backup SF. Even once Papa comes back he's going to play PF mostly and Ariza will still be playing heavy minutes because we lack a quality backup SF. Once Jones is back Papa can slide to his natural position (outside of small ball lineups) and Ariza will get much more rest than he's been getting. This also applies to Harden as he's had to play pretty much every position on the floor except Center at times. This minutes load has had an obvious toll on Ariza. He needs some help. Getting Jones and Papa back is a big part of that.

Also, saying Jones is better than Black is a hilarious understatement. I like Black, but Jones could be 6MOTY potential once he's back.

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

he's going to be on another team soon.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Our backup PF is who, again?

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones' return (if it ever happens smh) will bring an immediate uptick in our offensive output.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's packing his bags and getting ready to move.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jones is still a good young player. Yes he's better than Black lol, I think he's similar in level to D-Mo just that they have very different games. Don't know what his future is with the Rockets but hopefully for this season he comes off the bench and plays hard and not sulk all season if he is benched like a certain Turkish player we knew.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The disrespect for Jones is astonishing. Donuts's current success should not undermine Terrence's prior success. While it is true that one of these two young, promising player will likely not be a Rocket for long they both are very important to the team's success. I'm sure McHale will know exactly what to do when Jones comes back from his injury[if he ever comes back] and Jones will be professional about it and he'll come off the bench and be the most amazing bench player for the Rockets and we're all going to freaking love it. Is that enough ands?

I can't wait until Jones comes back. Imagine all the possible line ups we're going to be able to go with??

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He should be much better than Tarik. He is a heavier stomping Lamar Odom without the Kardashian.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Carson Palmer (Quarterback in the NFL) had this same injury earlier this year in his throwing shoulder.

It took him just about 1 month for his bruised nerve to "awaken".

I wonder what Jones is doing in his recovery? It's been 41 days since Jones was injured. That's approaching a month and a half. Slightly longer than Palmer's recovery.

Using Palmer's injury as a benchmark, you would think Jones shouldn't be out for too much longer. But who knows...

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What ungrateful fans. I will follow him like I did with Lowry, Scola, Landry.

But for Rockets' sake I hope he can stay at least 1 or 2 years longer, make a deep playoff run and get a good contract (that would be for him).

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

T-Rex clause

He is doing charity

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Terrence Jones isn't practicing but he is on the court putting up shots. Slowly but surely, he is making his way back.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/544946904401195010">December 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Good to know..I hope he is not turning to be another Grig Smith

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

So.....

it's weird there isn't even a time table or updates about him. WTF?