1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Moses Malone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Panda

Panda Member

I hope Yao goes back to China and spend the off season there, cuz Yao got all his skills back in China and he hasn't progressed skillwise in the states. The only difference are his bigger biceps. The Rockets trainers suck. They don't even hire Moses to help out Yao. They don't deserve Yao's time. The Chinese coaches might be better at developing Yao, at least they won't refuse Moses tutoring Yao because of their stupidly inflated egos or whatever reasons.

2. cheetahhook

cheetahhook Member

This is one of the most rediculous posts I've ever read. The most important thing for Yao now is to build some real muscle. Without it, all his so-called skills are useless.

3. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

That has to be the dumbest thing I have read on here. The bad part is I have been lurking since this site began! And its still the dumbest thing I ever read!

Did you ever stop to think the reason it appears your coaches do better is because the players.....Shall we say it nicely? SUCK!!

There is NO comparing the talent level of the CBA against the NBA, Thats like making me fight Mike Tyson, of course I will look poorly trained up against the best the world as to offer.

You guys all need to take a flying leap at a rolling donut, Yao is doing AWESOME in the NBA. He has exceeded even the expectations of his own people, or should I say most of his own people!

Well, Im out!

4. drapg

drapg Member

5. Panda

Panda Member

Skills are as important as muscles, and Yao can develop muscles in China as well. Yao needs a better jump hook, develop some killer moves, get better at rebounding. So far I've not seen anything on those aspects from the Rockets trainers on those aspects. They even refused to let Moses to tutor Yao. Imcomprehensible. I'd rather to let Yao work with Chinese trainers, at least I believe they are open minded enough to let a hall of famer to tutor Yao.

6. cheetahhook

cheetahhook Member

You mean ask Moses to go to China to tutor Yao during yao's training in China National Team? Joking? Who pay Moses?

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i think weve should remember that weve never actually seen what a fully rested yao ming can do. nobody peaks their rookie year, all roderick rhodes' aside.

i think hed benefit most by watching the playoffs. go to the champoinship game and sit courtside. build himself up an apetite. itd be like in rocky where the bad guy watches all his fights ringside. stare down shaq and spend all summer thinking about how bad you want to be there.

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Time for us Clutchcity members to empty our pockets ;)

9. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

I think so many people who wish that they can get a hand on Yao to tutor him (Sampson and Malone to name a few). I am not sure how good is our coaching staff is (as far as teaching skills are concern). Francis had went and ask J. Lucas and O. Robertson on advices on how to play point guard. That kind of telling me one thing and that is he feel he is not getting enough help with our currrent staff. I really wish Rudy would bring in a big men's coach to help out Yao and also someone who play point guard before to help out with Steve. By saying that I agree Yao need to work on his strength and Steve need to work on his point guard skill.

10. Panda

Panda Member

To those who thinks that the Rockets trainers are definitely better than the Chinese counterparts, first of all, there is no language barrier, second, which big man has been developed by the Rockets trainers these years? Griffin? Cato? Collier? and they have the guts to turn down Moses' offer, if I were Les I'm gonna hire Jabbar, Hakeem and Malone to tutur Yao. Screw guys like Jim Boylen and Larry Smith. Yao deserves better. I'd rather take a chance with the Chinese trainers if Yao staying in the States means more waste of time with the Rockets trainers, and it's not like Yao is gonna spend the whole offseason to play for the NT, it's just about half of the off season to my understanding.

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Panda
    Is that really you? After reading your brilliant post in the other thread I don't know what to make of this one.

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

On a second thought, Dirk Nowitzi's trainer is a German. In a SI report late last year or early this year he (Dirk's trainer) criticized "American" trainers and there way of training (disproportion muscle building techniques and principles). He takes the credit of developing Dirk into what he is today (a versatile all-purpose 7-footer).

What it is Yao need more stamina first and foremost, and then more muscle and center of gravity. But first things first - an extended rest will be in order for Yao.

13. Panda

Panda Member

Yes it's me, Fegwu. Nobody stole my password, yet. I agree with the common opinion of yours and others about Yao's need to rest. I can't comprehend though, given the brilliant past record of the Rockets trainers, why is there an assertion that says Yao staying in Houston and work with the trainers is definitely better than training in China? Last time I checked, Yao got his skills back in China. Like you said, there is different emphasis on basketball training in different countries. I'll keep that in mind and I'm curious to see if Yao can make more progress if he's placed in a familiar environment, with no cultural and language barrier, without distraction of stripper clubs or driving around with Eddie Griffin, with better food, and in a place he grows up. It's definitely gonna recharge his mental battery IMO. I hope he can get his rest after his NT commitment in July, without being asked to play in the summer league or something like that.

14. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Yao will learn the art of missing a shot on purpose, to pad his rebounding totals.

:p