1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Jordan Hill? Any updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I guess they can flame me too, but I agree with everything you said. Hill has the physical tools to be something special, but I just don't see the drive and the passion from him. Maybe that will change, but I'm just not seeing it.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Fair enough, nothing wrong with that and if you are wrong about him completely no reason to start a thread about it. No one bats 1.000.

I just feel Hill has all the skills to be a good backup PF in the league, it just depends on what he does the offseason. His history shows that he's willing to put in some work. You don't start late in basketball and average 18-11 at the college level by accident. So IMO I think the guy is a hardworker, it's just when Garbage time comes it's hard to really get a grasp on things. No one passes. Everyone of those guys go out and try to do too much to prove they belong in the rotation.

So i'd like to see this guy thrown in there with Brooks and Martin and see what he does with easier looks. What he does when Brooks gives him a open look under the basket...things like that.

3. LifeisButaDream

Mr.Andersen shows plenty drive and the passion.To bad he still cant guard anyone.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Lulz... you actually trust your opinion more than NBA scouts? There's a reason why they get paid to scout players.

Do me a favor and find us some sleeper picks for the upcoming draft and we will see if you have an eye for talent.

I think it is pretty harsh to judge a player based on a couple of games. Have I been impressed by Hill? No, but you cant judge a young rookie and say he's not going to develop into a good player. Im sure CD will work on Hill in the offseason. Who knows, he may surprise us next season.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I really like his physical attributes, skill set and potential.

Let's just hope he has the desire and ability to improve if he remains with the Rockets.

For someone like him who picked up the game late but has obvious natural gifts, it's all about work ethic. If he has well above average work ethic, he has quite a bit of potential to be a high impact player. If his work ethic turns out to be just average or below average, he could very well end up being a bust and nothing more than untapped potential.

There's obviously all kinds of possibilities in between those two extremes but to me, given what I've seen of him, it will come entirely down to work ethic and attitude.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Were Brooks and Landry really the picks you had your eye on for the Rockets in the 2007 draft? Your top pick was Sean Williams. In less than 2 seasons, he is already out of the league. Morris Almond is in the D-League in his 2nd season. Jared Dudley has been so-so. Brooks and Landry have surpassed all 3 of your great picks.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=130625

7. DaNungaOne

DaNungaOne Member

i was at the game last night.....from seeing him in shoot around and the little playing time......his body language is horrible.....but that doesn'f mean he wont get better only time will tell.....but if we are going to do a sign and trade this summer...he will be part of that deal

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

....and the search function strikes again!

can OMR get up from this?

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I didn't want to say that because around here people think you are bashing players unfairly. But I saw that also and I watched him do that at NY too. His a Rocket so I don't want to bash him unfairly. Maybe there is something more to his attitude. Look at Arriza he had a attitude when he first got here and now he seems to be very much part of the team. Anyway I am going to back down my judgement on him and hope this is just something personal that he will get over.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Please read what I said before you comment. I said I saw something in them. I never saw them until summer league. I didn't know who Aaron Brooks or Carl landry where until summer league. Also understand in that draft there was ver little video of players. it's not hard to get archived games of college games. if you can't watch the film you can't really be sure.

My biggest problem with Jordan Hill is he doesn't seem to put the extra effort with the talent he has. Everyone talks about Battier's intangibles. But really he just has one. It is he leaves his heart on the court. I don't know how you measure that but it makes Battier a better player than he otherwise should be. And I think maybe Hills lack of that might make him a worst player than he could be. He certainly has the talent to be a good player in this league but then so did Sean Williams and Eddie Ggriffens dead and he once score 25 points on Shaq.

11. DaNungaOne

DaNungaOne Member

well i am not om here that much....i visit the site daily but not the forum.....i dont care what someone thinks....i am a fan of the game....i have knowledge....i play and watch the game......my opinions are never off the charts or something totally crazy......ex: people saying that Aaron brooks is a starting all star player.....i love the guy....but he makes alot of mistakes....bone head shots......and how many time in the 4th qtr has he dissapeared.....anyways......Go Rockets!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. towW

towW Member

Jordan Hill's attitude isn't bad he is clearly lost in a lot of plays. That is why he doesn't show his nack for the ball a lot of the time. Scouts keep mentioning he didn't start playing basketball until his teens.

He is definitely not the answer at PF and isn't looking to be. Unless he shows up sooner than expected.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad you are here posting, but if you have knowledge then you should know better than to talk about Brooks disappearing in the 4th.

You do realize there are two teams out on the floor, and in the 4th they tend to take away your number 1 option.

Before Kmart got here, whom do you think they concentrated on taking away?

I guess we all have holes in our knowledge, eh?

DD

14. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Just as Dorsey started to show things in his second year I think Hill might be the same way... I do not project him to be anything other then a backup PF. But I can see Kyle helping him out a great deal. I think he can be successful if someone helps him into a successful place on the floor.

I think Hill will be between okay to good in two years. Not Carl Landry but good off the bench.

Then there is Hilton Armstrong who just doesn't seem to get it. With the Hornets, with the Kings waiting to see with the Rockets.

Bleed Red Rockets Red.

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think by the end of this month we will either be right in the hunt for the 8th seed (meaning we won't see him play at all, unless its garbage time). Or we will almost be mathimatically eliminated (in which case, they will try to give him some more time on the floor during meaningful minutes).

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Oh okay, sort of like beasley or darko, who were drafted for their potential and not to turn the team around

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm a bit slow?

You said yourself you've watched highlights, knicks games, archived college games

And for some reason you think he can't rebound?!?!? 11 per game at college
    That's a lot of rebounds.

And who said his primary goal is to play D? This is a guy who has a midrange jumper and a post move.

You better go back and watch that tape that you're pretending to have watched...

I do agree on one thing: there IS a reason that Jeffries is getting minutes ahead of him. Experience. Hill needs to learn our system, he needs to learn the plays, and he needs to learn about being in the NBA. Jeffries is a solid defensive-minded vet who can help out in some ways right now.
    It's highly common for a vet to play minutes over a rookie who eventually turns out to be the better player - go watch some players from years gone by and you'll see that (eg: Granger).

Does that mean Hill will definitely make it? By no means - but just because he isn't playing much means very very little right now.

Stop trying to swim up the waterfall, you're clearly drowning.

1 person likes this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Honestly, if you've never seen a person play you shouldn't be raving about how talented they are. And you seemed pretty damn sure that Sean Williams was the man.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh goody! So NOW you want to compare a never-was to Yao. Tell you what: Use the search and find any where I said that Yao was a bust. You do know how to use the Search, don't you?

20. LifeisButaDream

Why don't you look up Yao,Landry,Scola first games.How did they look like?