1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Jordan Hill? Any updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Feb 25, 2010.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree with your Post. I would add, for emphasis, the reasons Jeffries is playing are (a) Ariza/Landry minutes are out there and (b) one (at least one) of Battier/Ariza/Jeffries is destined to be traded this summer in the quest for Mr Big. So, who will have value for the Rox - or the trading partner? I assume all noted Owner Alexander's comment that Martin + “If Yao (Ming) comes back healthy, we're one player away; one big player away from competing for it all,” Alexander said.

2. LifeisButaDream

Why would morey buy Low sale Low?.Why not let hill develop first then sell high?

3. LifeisButaDream

Wouldn't letting hill develop first and raise his value be better then selling low like you think he whats to do be better?

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Hill's value isn't likely to change significantly in a month. If there is a signifcant change in a month, it would be more likely from an injury than doubling his strength near the end of the season.

5. LifeisButaDream

Young players develop the most in the offseason.So you're say hill cant get any better then what he is now?Just think if we traded landry before his 2 season.Would the be selling low or high?

6. BetterThanEver

Hill is no Bosh or Amare. Those guys are available this off season, not in 2 seasons.

7. LifeisButaDream

:confused:

8. LifeisButaDream

And how do you know it was coming out of New York?As for ny having to trade hill for cap space why not just trade hill for an expiring and a 1 round pick?why not just use him in a sign n trade for the FA there trying to clear cap space for ?Is walsh that dumb? to trade a lottery pick just for 2mill of cap space.When DM has given a pick money(2mill
    ) just for the rights to sign Andersen for 2mill.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Hopefully we'll be able to trade Hill, along with our lotto pick, to get higher in the draft.

10. LifeisButaDream

Unless its for a top 3 pick why trade 2 players with potential for one player with potential :confused:

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying that Hill wasn't still a "positive" asset in the trade. It may have been a part of getting Morey to agree to the trade. But it wasn't a deal breaker and it certainly wasn't as important to Morey as the 2011 pick swap and the 2012 pick. Also, Morey (the genius that he is) waited until the last minute to agree to take Jeffries, meaning that Walsh probably didn't have other suitors for Hill (or, if he did, that they had gone in another direction by the time Walsh could have gotten back to them).

You raise excellent points. I just don't think that Hill was the "star asset" in this trade that many make him out to be. He was a small positive, not a significant piece. Morey is hoping that another team will value Hill more than he does, as he attempts to flip his assets for some better ones.

12. LifeisButaDream

I don't think Hill is the star asset ether.But some people think just because ny was forced to move hill for nothing.Doesn't mean morey has to.If we can get Bosh with hill great or move up to get a top 3 pick then great.

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I was never high on Hill. And a pick in the middle of the 1st round (#12-14) is pretty much a crapshoot. If we could package them together to get into the top 5 I'd be pretty happy. Top 3 will be hard to trade into; 5-8 not so much. Last year Minny got the #5 from Washington and drafted Rubio. If we could trade up for Derrick Favors I'd be ecstatic.

14. BetterThanEver

You trade up to get a better player, of course. If The rockets had succeeded in trading up for Brandon Roy(6th pick) with 2 players with potential, they would be in a much stronger position today. The Rockets were only 2 spots lower, but those 2 spots meant that Roy was unavailable and you were left with Rudy Gay.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

LET JORDAN PLAY...LET JORDAN PLAY...LET JORDAN PLAY

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Jordan Hill showing us why Morey is the Rockets GM and not us...well at least for one quarter.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you sure though?

Because I always thought what Morey wanted to get from Tmac was a young prospect in return. That is definitely what Hill is, and i'm sure Morey asked for Hill. NYK are not just going to throw him in the deal for no reason.

Also I thought it was reported that after NYK said 'Thats too much..." Then Morey goes back to the Kings, and then brings the deal back to the Knicks who now must make this deal, or keep Jeffries.

18. worzel gummidge

They had a reason it was to dump enough salary for two max contracts.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If this was the reason then NYKs front office is really just beyond stupid.

They basically drafted the guy only to trade him away if that is the case.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Hill and Brooks pick and roll play looked pretty solid tonight, I think they have been running it in practice.