1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where in the World will Morey and McHale be at Midnight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 30, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Carl Landry, we need more power forwards.

DD

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Hopefully we stay away from McGee. I can see us pursuing Hibbert.

3. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Wherever it is, it would have to be with something better then a Dynex.

4. conquistador#11

when we sign goran and nash leaves, what would be the purpose of Gortat for the suns?
    I think we target phoenix for destruction!

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

looking at what mcgee did in the playoffs i would love him to join the rockets. Most athletic center in the league (sorry dwight ) and he shows he already has a jump hook from the post. Funny how a change of scenery from washington to denver made him play better.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

McGee would be sweet, the kid has tons of talent, the same potential if not more than Drummond.

I would be happy to have McGee...(if we don't get Howard)

7. cod

cod Member

The other Lopez twin. He's been out of favor in Phoenix. Bullard seemed to let on the Rockets would have interest in free agency.

8. txtodd

txtodd Member

Best Buy Headquarters in Richfield, Minnesota. Getting Gogi one hella tricked out Dynex...

9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Celtics to re-sign forward Kevin Garnett to a three-year, $34 million deal, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

This could hurt us a bit with Camby.

10. cod

cod Member

I'm hoping they don't re-sign Camby. Need roster stability especially with all these young players. This season the team struggled badly, especially bench, with all the lineup changes.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wherever Omer Asik is.

http://tinyurl.com/7c385k7

Long shots:
    Eric Gordon, G, New Orleans Hornets
    The Rockets will reach out to gauge Gordon’s interest, but any hopes that they can make an offer the Hornets would not match dimmed with New Orleans’ cost-cutting trade with the Wizards.

Roy Hibbert, C, Indiana Pacers
    The top free-agent center is also a restricted free agent. It might take a max contract for the Pacers to think twice about matching, but the Rockets won’t go that far.

Familiar faces:
    Goran Dragic, G, Rockets
    An unrestricted free agent, Dragic is likely the Rockets’ top priority and has given them signs he’d like to return, but he also is seeking a starting job and will be heavily pursued by the Blazers, Raptors and others.

Marcus Camby, C, Rockets
    The Rockets starter at the end of the season, Camby sought to finish his career in his adopted hometown and the Rockets traded for him at the deadline with plans to bring him back.

Courtney Lee, G, Rockets
    A restricted free agent, Lee likely will receive starting guard type-salary offers. The Rockets still have Kevin Martin under contract at the position, but have said they plan to match offers Lee receives.

High priority:
    Omer Asik, C, Bulls
    The Rockets have pursued trades for Asik, an outstanding defensive center for several seasons. He is a restricted free agent, but a backup in Chicago so the Bulls might think twice about matching an offer sheet.

Also, not expected to pursue Deron Williams

#31 J.R., Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  12. valorita

valorita Member

whitecastle

13. vernonmaxwell86

the draft kindve helped our cause to resign dragic since portland took lilliard and the suns took marshall

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

Honestly, no matter who they get, they won't sign anyone that will satisfy me as a Rockets fan. I guess you can say I'm morally depressed about this team atm.

1 person likes this.
  15. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Somewhere preparing for their trades to be denied for basketball reasons.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Talking to Asik or trying to trade Morris+Jones+Martin+Scola for Noah.

17. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

^ I like that trade..

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

BLIND ITEM: Sources indicate Mike James invited them over for Fresca and Fig Newtons.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Right now we only need two things: a starting C and a star. I wouldn't go after any SG, SF, PF if they are not all star caliber... And I would not go after a PG if we retain Dragic and Lowry. The roster is too big as it stands today, we don't need more role players or even talents.

So try to get Hibbert, then try to get Asik and if that all doesn't work, try to trade for a decent C using our replaceable assets.

20. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

This is just sad for the rockets lol