1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Jason Terry rank on your most hated list?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Aug 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who cares what you think. You're not even from Texas, nor have season tickets.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Not really on my list. I have a least favorite players list. Like to hear it? Hear it goes.

1. Karl Malone
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Royce White (Takes a lot to jump the players following but this guy made hate boil in my veins for a year)
    4. Shaquille O'Neal
    5. Gary Payton
    6. John Stockton
    7. Jeff Hornaceck
    8. Scottie Pippen
    9. Tracy McGrady
    10. Dirk Nowitzki

3. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

Above Tim Duncan and ginobili , above Deron Williams , above Dirk but below Dererk fisher and Kobe

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nowhere, he is no Maverick now and he is way too old

but he can shoot and is clutch

5. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Jason Terry is not the Jet. This team has one Jet and it stays that way.

Hate is such a strong word. I don't hate Terry. Aside from hate, I'm not really sure. I'm at a crossroads of descriptive words right now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DkwP0TlhN3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL @ Joe Klein and Jon Koncak. Those damned Hogs and Mustangs!

I loved them Phi Slamma Jamma boys.
    [​IMG]

#106 Easy, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've got no issue with Jason Terry... I don't fault a man for doing his job, especially if he does his job well...

I reserve my ire for:
    Quitters - Pippen
    Cheaters - Chris Paul, Stockton
    and overall douche bags - Kobe, Phil Jackson

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You have a very solid top 10.

But Tracy McGrady, a Rocket who, despite his major imperfections, played his heart out for the franchise. And he is on your top 10 hated players. Might as well throw Harden and Parsons and Asik on there too.

Terry is a goober. He doesn't need to make anyone's top 10 list to be a goober.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Personally, I have no problem with Jason Terry as a Rocket, nor with him being called "the Jet". The 2005 playoffs were 9 years ago, and this Rockets team is completely different. No need to get hung up about it.

As for "the Jet" nickname, it doesn't really bother me because Kenny Smith was never called "the Jet" when he was playing for the Rockets, he was just "Kenny". As in "Kenny is getting manhandled by Derek Harper" and "Sam really should be starting over Kenny". I never heard this "Kenny the Jet" business until he went on TNT.

If Jason Terry plays for the Rockets and he wants to be "Jet", fine by me.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“When I drop a dime to the big Swahili, he got to put it in the hole." -- Benny Anders

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vc-zZNDdCsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. dragician

dragician Member

give him a chance to pay back for the rockets.

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Not even in the top 10. Yes, Terry was a Rocket-killer but I never felt like it was dirty or personal. I watched and rooted for him when he played for Atlanta.

My top 10 most hated:
    Pippen
    Malone
    Stockton
    Boozer
    Fisher
    Westbrook
    AK47
    Reggie Miller
    Royce White
    Ewing

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Matt Harpring...that guy knew how to piss me off

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Actually, he is. Jason Eugene Terry aka JET. And plus, people actually call him the Jet. No one ever called Kenny "The Jet" back in the day when he was playing.

That said, screw Jason Terry. He's a Rocket's killer, and he'll continue his treacherous ways from the inside now unless he's traded ASAP. And if he doesn't get traded, I wish all the best here and hope that he drains many threes in a Rockets uniform.

15. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

You're killing me, guy. Why invite comment and then say I don't care what you think?

Anyway, I am a Rockets fan, born and raised in Houston, but live in Frisco, which is NW of Dallas. I see why Terry was a fan favorite in Dallas. He'd have been a fan favorite in Houston if he played for us back in the day. We don't need him to do much but shoot. If he can do that reliably with or without the whole airplane crap afterwards, I'll be a happy man.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People need to get over it. The man shoots lights out in TC and you should be thankful we have him shooting on our side. That's a lot of home games for him to shoot threes for us.

17. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i don't hate terry just like i don't hate calbert cheaney from back in the day. dude just always had our number.

the dude is just older than dirt in nba years.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I doubt he plays. I would love to have the Terry of old on this team- but they guy's 37. He's basically done. I do like this trade, we gave up nothing and got 2nd rounders. No way we keep all of those picks; especially since the value of 2nd rounders is high right now in the trade market. I think we probably make a move around the deadline.

19. bongman

bongman Member

Odds are, Terry's best days are past him but one thing about this guy... when he entered the draft, EVERYBODY told him that he was too small for a SG, too thin, not a good shooter, too slow, not a good passer, handles not great, etc and he will not make it in the NBA. He always had to prove himself and I hope, for our sake, he proves us naysayers wrong once again.

20. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

You're no real Rockets fan! That's blasphemy!
    Actually, I wish he plays his heart out for this team also and drains a ton of threes when it counts...if he doesn't get traded for...Rondo?:eek:.