1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Do You rank James Harden Among the Top NBA Players Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 3, 2013.

?

Where do you Rank James Harden this season?

1. 1 thru 5

22.8%
  2. 6 thru 10

54.9%
  3. 11 thru 15

18.0%
  4. 16 thru 20

2.6%
  5. 21 thru 25

1.2%
  6. I don't really know anything about basketball. He is ranked 26 thru 100

0.6%
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Agreed completely.

This team is fighting for a top 5 pick in the draft with Harden. With him, 4-8 in the playoff picture. He is a stud.

Zbo and Curry are just the best players on stacked teams, where there own individual skils don't scream MVP caliber.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i feel the same way

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Westbrook is an elite PG and he is probably the most explosive PG in the NBA today. He also have the skills, talent and size to go with his athletic ability. But I think Harden is more suited to carry his own team than Westbrook simply because of their demeanor.

Overall, in my opinion, I think Harden is the better player than Westbrook because he has the ability to carry his team, make his teammates better and is a big time efficient scorer. Westbrook, has the same fiery attitude like Kyle Lowry, but at times, he can let his emotions take over him. As good as Westbrook is, I don't think he is able to carry his own team because of his emotions at times while Harden has a much calmer demeanor to be a leader. Westbrook needs someone like Kevin Durant more to control him at times when he gets out of control while Harden doesn't need KD as much.

Another thing I want to talk about is Carmelo Anthony. This year he has been playing like a MVP candidate and he is scoring a tons of points. But in the past history, Carmelo has always been playing really well every time after the Olympics. Back in the 08-09 season, Anthony was also playing really well but then after that season, he would regressed again. I think this year, after playing with Lebron, Kevin Durant, CP3, and Kobe, has given him the motivation to play hard. Also, I think the post- Linsanity era in NY, Carmelo wants to show everyone that the Knicks are better off without Lin. So I think that also motivates him as well. But we'll see how he does throughout the rest of the season and also the next season.