1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Do You rank James Harden Among the Top NBA Players Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 3, 2013.

?

Where do you Rank James Harden this season?

1. 1 thru 5

22.8%
  2. 6 thru 10

54.9%
  3. 11 thru 15

18.0%
  4. 16 thru 20

2.6%
  5. 21 thru 25

1.2%
  6. I don't really know anything about basketball. He is ranked 26 thru 100

0.6%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

one too much....
    there are only 3 as in All NBA First, All NBA Second and All NBA Third team

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Lebron James - No
    Dwight Howard - No
    Kevin Durant - No
    Chris Paul - No
    Russel Westbrook - No
    Dwayne Wade - No
    Carmelo Anthony - Depends Probably Not

Kobe Bryant - Yes: too old
    Derrick Rose - Yes: Injury

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

top 10 for sure. 26 point 5 assists 4 boards a game type players are elite. Whats more impressive he is averaging 29 in the last 13 games when we have turned our season around. SOME PLAYERS HAVE EMPTY STATS, but Hardens points are all value.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The heat would giveup Wade for Harden in a nano second. Wade is clearly slowing down and Harden isnt even close to his priome. Right now Harden>Wade. Westbrook and Harden are pretty much equal value but Harden is a far more lethal diverse scorer.Harden> Westbrook.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I said Top 15. Expecting Top 5 or better down the line but just needs to do it for a longer time IMO.

Guys I would have to take ahead of Harden (in no order whatsoever):
    James
    Durant
    Bryant
    Duncan
    Wade
    Anthony
    Paul
    Howard
    Rose
    Rondo

Feel like Harden is competing for 11-15 with guys like Parker, Love, Pierce, Nowitzki, Randolph, Westbrook, Deron, Bynum, etc

6. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Harden is better than Wade in one-on-one offense, but I do think Wade is a better cuz of his experience and ability to defense. Miami is competing the champ rather than investing on the future, so I think Wade is a better option for them. Any, It is just my opinion.

7. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

About Westbrook vs Harden. I think Harden is an very effective scorer, but Westbrook apparently has better motor than Harden. Again this is just my opinion.

8. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Actually, he was drafted by Nola and later traded to okc.

9. rocketblood713

Top 10 for sure the way hes playing against good teams too !

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if Morey gives them a call right now, GMs would these for Harden trades in a heartbeat if they value to win right now and in the future

Wade, Kobe, Westbrook, Love

11. catch22

catch22 Member

harden is 5 - 10 in my view, LBJ, Durant, Melo, CP3 and Kobe are still a tier above harden but the gap is narrowing

if you look at the league today, damn, there are so many good point guards: CP3, Nash, Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Dwill, Rondo, parker, lillard, conley, even lowry and jrue holiday are playing at all star level

12. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I agree with the OP on 7th.

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I think around 15 as of CURRENT PLAY

If you include his age/potential in the equation, he would be a top 5

I mean, even oldies like Tim Duncan are having amazing years on BOTH SIDES of the floor

I think Hardens D could use alot of improvement which he no doubt is capable of deliverying and I would like to see his orchestrate the offense a bit better.

What amazed me about MJ and the greats is that they know they can get their shots/points whenever they wanted. I think alot of players even JR Smith could dribble from one side the court to another and score at times. But what the greats like MJ did was that they set up their team mates early on to help create offensive chemistry and when it mattered in the 4th, they would dominate.

I feel Harden is still a tad bit too one dimensional now and would like to see him make get team mates more involved. This doesnt mean dribbling around for 18 seconds and passing to a team mate to get an assist, this means just help build building offensive chemistry and not be too ball dominant

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Last 10 games Harden and Westbrook.

Points (H) 29.3 (W) 22.1
    FG% (H) 48% (W) 38%
    Rebounds (H) 4 (W) 6
    Assist (H) 5 (W) 9

I would take Hardin over Westbrook any day. Just because OKC traded him that doesn't mean they thought that Westbrook was better than Hardin, it was just that Hardin was duplicating Durant.

15. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

If building a team for the future there are very few players I would take over Harden right now. Lebron, Durant, CP3......maybe Dwight. But that's about it.

I think Harden has a real chance to be something special. As for where he ranks right now, it doesn't matter. He's been playing great, definately in the top 10 of NBA players right now.

16. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Chris Paul Yes
    Dwight Howard Yes
    Healthy D-Rose Yes

The rest I agree with.

17. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I never say that... All I'm saying is Westbrook has better motor than Harden...

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How do you define motor?

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you swapped Kobe and harden the lakers are the third best team in the wc and the rockets are under 500 although kobe would be averaging like 34 ppg. Kobe is still an assassin but he is hurting his team right now.

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

In short, better motor skill means more Leborn James like.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_skill
    -- Fine motor skills
    In basketball, motor skill includes items such as dynamic balance, whole body coordination, wrist-finger dexterity and rhythmic ability.