1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Do You rank James Harden Among the Top NBA Players Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 3, 2013.

?

Where do you Rank James Harden this season?

1. 1 thru 5

22.8%
  2. 6 thru 10

54.9%
  3. 11 thru 15

18.0%
  4. 16 thru 20

2.6%
  5. 21 thru 25

1.2%
  6. I don't really know anything about basketball. He is ranked 26 thru 100

0.6%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I put him around 7-10, once he starts giving a **** about defense he'll be right there with Durant.

2. split41

split41 Member

Imo, I think Harden needs to work on his D to be a top 5 player. In terms of his offensive game he's a top 5 player, but bball is a two way game.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he's borderline top 10. I'd rank LeBron, Chris Paul, Durant, Kobe, Dwight, Carmelo, Duncan ahead of him at the moment, and there are a number of players that are in the mix after that.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Meant to vote 6-10, voted 1-5 on accide nt
    1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Kobe Bryant
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Carmelo Anthony
    6. Tim Duncan
    7. James Harden
    8. Russell Westbrook
    9. Tony Parker
    10. Up in the air, as several players are playing great.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

As of right now, this season, I rank them like this:

1. Lebron - 28
    2. Durant - 24
    3. Paul - 27
    4. Carmelo - 28
    5. Kobe - 34
    6. Harden - 23
    7. Westbrook - 24
    8. Howard - 27
    9. Duncan - 36
    10. Wade - 30

Note:
    - I did not take Derrick Rose into account given his injury. Don't know what type of player he'll be when he comes back.
    - I listed the ages next to the players so people can get a sense of how young James Harden is in comparison to all the other players listed.

1 person likes this.
  6. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

LBJ
    Durant
    Duncan
    Harden
    Kobe

First two just too much talent and fire power, Duncan is all around good and rare for a person of his age, Harden score much more efficiently than Kobe and can make others better. CP3 does not have the same fire power as Harden.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

If he can keep it up the full season, top10 offensively, and top 30 overall.

8. ebatinga

ebatinga Member

I would put him in the 6 range...my top ten...

1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Paul
    4. Anthony
    5. Kobe (If the Lakers had a better record, I would put Kobe at 3)
    6. Harden
    7. Duncan
    8. Howard
    9. Westbrook
    10. Wade/Lee

I didn't include Rose because of him returning from injury, but he would probably be in the top 7.

People may think I'm crazy for putting David Lee in my top 10 (tied with Wade), but the poll asked top ten for the season and I'm taking into consideration year to date. Golden State is playing really well and Lee is top 10 scoring, top 5 rebounding, top 5 efficiency, 2nd in double/doubles, top 10 field shooting %...

9. choujie

choujie Member

If firepower is the only thing to judge a player, Toney Douglas has to be a better player than Asik.

Harden is around #10 at this moment for his offense. How far he can go depends on how much effort he puts into his defense.

10. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Kobe
    4. Melo
    5. CP3
    6. Duncan
    7. Harden
    8. Parker
    9. Howard
    10. Westbrook

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't think your crazy. I didn't put him in my top 10 but I considered it. He is playing great ball right now, best PF in the league this season up to this point.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your right but I think he is a better play maker and has proven to be a very clutch player in the 4th quarter throughout the years.

13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I'd put him in 5th place.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. Nice troll job

15. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

#2 best player

Right after Jeremy Lin

1 person likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

His defensive issues are being overblown. The Rockets as a team play terrible team defense and do not switch or handle picks properly. Defensively he is every bit as good as half the guys listed above him.

17. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Here's the way I approach this question - who would I trade James Harden for, straight up, ALL factors (age, injury history, position, contract) for?

1. Lebron James - Best player in the game in the prime of his career. No price is too high.
    2. Kevin Durant - Second best.
    3. Dwight Howard - say what you want about the guy, but he's an elite performer in the prime of his career at the most valuable position on the team. You make this deal.

And that's really it. There are a few others I'd consider, like Paul, Griffin, Love, or Rose if he comes back healthy, but even for those guys, I don't think I'd do the deal.

Melo's an elite scorer, but I'd rather have Harden. Kobe's incredibly expensive, a chucker, and on the downside of his career. Dirk is more efficient than Kobe, but the same applies. Wade is chronically injured. Guys like Westbrook and D-Will pretty are good, but there are a lot more good 1's than 2's, and in any case, I don't think either is better than Harden. Bynum will be an injury risk for as long as he plays. Gasol blows. Bosh isn't more valuable.

Harden is a 23-year-old phenom with no injury history on a long-term contract, just entering his prime at a position without a lot of other good options. His value is off the charts.

18. conquistador#11

tied for 5th. when you need a basket, you can count on harden.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for people who don't consider Harden as top 10, who is your top 10?

20. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Dwight Howard is not a superstar. He cannot consistently create his own shot like the rest of the people on the list could. He's a beast defensively but he gets taken out of the game way too easily due to foul trouble.

He's basically this season's Tim Duncan without the post game and foul troubles.