1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you draw the line - transgender

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by droxford, Feb 7, 2023.

?

We all draw the line some where. Where do you draw the line?

1. Society should refer to transgenders using their preferred pronouns

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Definitions ("man", "woman", "gender", & "sex") should be changed/eliminated due to transgenders

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. It should be permissible for transgenders to share restroom/locker room with their identified gender

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. Transgenders should be able to participate in athletic & other competitions based on their identity

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. Transgenders should qualify for loans, grants, scholarships, & admissions based on their identity

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Gender-specific organizations should be required to accept transgendrs based on their gender idntity

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Historical medical records & birth certificats should be changed to only show transgenders' indntity

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  8. Transgenders <16 yrs should be able to hve sex-reassignmnt surgery/pubrty blockrs w/o parent consent

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  9. The U.S. government should provide finances for sex-reassigned surgeries and puberty-blocking drugs

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  10. None of the above

44 vote(s)
    67.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Is it "picking on trans people" to say that it's impossible for a person to change their sex?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you understand the concept of moral panics?

If so then you understand the modern transphobia zeitgeist.

Moral panics are usually used by wealthy elites who want to make sure blue collar wage workers don't b**** and get angry at said elites but rather powerless people like migrants or trans people.

The one hope trans people have with this current outage grift against trans people by the right is none of their issues are sincere issues. They are issues contrived out of grifting and creating scapegoats so real estate tycoons can continue to hoard wealth while working class Americans b**** about trans people.

Trans people can look at the history of how the right tackles subjects and how it's mostly flavor of the month stuff. CRT was the hot issues a couple of years back that was spammed to death by right wing politicians and then eventually it left the American zeitgeist because it wasn't a real issue but a contrived one because GOP politicians don't have policy desires they have outrage grifts.

The hope is that this is just a fad that will die out after the election. I think the right is slowly realizing hyper focusing on trans people is a pissing election strategy and are now going back to their safe fall back of b****ing about migrants "invading"and replacing white people.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

That was illuminating. Thank you.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. Commodore

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is completely crazy. Of course, Biden himself doesn't even know what he is doing there.

tinman likes this.
  8. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

9. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Biden isn't guiding policy on this or anything else. Barack Obama is and has always been calling the shots.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You guys are so gullible and will get outraged over anything.

A. Biden did not create a new law. Laws are created or repealed via Congress, then signed into law by the president.
    B. This is an executive order that regulates the enforcement of a law
    C. He is only rolling back new regulations made under Trump that did nothing other than create confusion and discriminate
    D. Nobody is going to expose their peepee to you unsolicited and still be held to the same sexual harassment laws that have always been there
    E. Of course states still have laws they can enforce
    F. School boards and then school officials still have the right to enact their own policy. As long as they don’t discriminate, it’s pretty much fair game at the school by school level. Just don’t discriminate… which is all this federal regulation update is meant to do… HELP organizations, schools, etc. know what you can or cannot discriminate over.
    G. Trumper hard core right wing judges on the Supreme Court have the ability to reverse any misinterpretations of the law the executive branch may take. If you’ve been harmed personally by this regulation change… FILE A LAWSUIT yourself and I’m sure Uncle Clarence and Uncle Samuel will be happy to look into it.

It really is amazing how you look for any little thing out there to get outrage over when it comes to what’s between someone else’s legs. It’s obsession and weird. Just fing let people live their damn lives and stop trying to control other peoples body. Bizarre sh$t.

#1691 dobro1229, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    rocketsjudoka likes this.
  12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Weird. When I pee the only male genetalia I encounter is my own. When I play sports, ive never encountered any genetalia.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Leftists defending the invasion of women's spaces by men.

tinman likes this.
  14. Commodore

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  15. dobro1229

Okaaayyy… as I said before, if Biden’s policy change got something wrong you can sue and the Supreme Court can block portions or all of the regulations. That’s what the courts are for. Challenging the legality of policy and regulation in relation to the actual law.

So stop whining and file a lawsuit if you’ve been harmed by the new regulation changes.

Hell… this Supreme Court via Dobbs has set a new precedent where you don’t even have to show that you were harmed by the policy…. Only theoretical harm and that harm can be about other theoretical people.

So file the damn lawsuit.

….

On my thoughts-

I personally spend very little time worrying about Title 9 regulations because I understand how schools work because of my experiences with so many people in my life that either teach, or work at senior admin levels. I know how the process goes and I know that while not perfect the rigorous and sometimes conflicting overlay of local school policy, state policy, state law, federal policy, AND federal law create outcomes where in the end common sense often wins. If it doesn’t it’s because an irrational party has too much on their side which is rarely the case and really we only see in red states where you have a lot of 19th century thinking at the local level mixed with outdated laws at the state and federal level.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Dicks

17. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Yea, those red state folks are radicals for banning books that teach little kiddies how to suck ****.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. dobro1229

Geezus what is on your mind?? Penis on the mind much??

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's funny how the oh-so-tolerant and inclusive leftists use homosexuality as an insult when it suits them.

K9Texan likes this.
  20. Commodore