1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do the Rockets go from here? Will Morey go after Lebron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Jul 16, 2013.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That would be a better version of what the heat have now lol. The Line up is sick and the best in the league hands down. I just think it would be a slap in the face to Dwight if you traded him in his first season. Lebron can go to any team he wants in free agency this im sure if he deems the rockets as the team he wants to play on then he'll be here...... Just don't get your hopes up.

2. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

That could actually work. Love it.

3. galpeleg

galpeleg Member

let start with few facts:

fact a: Huston is a GREAT team to be in
    fact b: Morey is Amazing GM
    fact 3: LBJ is THE BEST player in the league , a number 6-8 i all time and can become the GOAT if continue in this pace.

i believe LBJ is a perfect fit for Huston but i dont c him leaving Miami.
    remember he stay in awful cleavlend under the worst nba coach EVER (or at least a strong candidate for this title) for 7 year , i really dont c him leaving Miami who actually have 1 of the better FO in the league.
    as was said before e in this thread , LBJ want a legacy ad going Merc will hurt that.

but i do c a decent chance for Durant going to Huston which will make the rocket a very strong candidate :)

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Once LBJ gets his Maurey I-Pad it will be a done deal!!;) We can offer him a Dynex too!!;)

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

To Minnesota and then back home. After the all star break, then the playoffs and then Disneyworld.

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

What the hell?

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Look for all three to opt out, LeBron and Bosh to get max deals and Wade to take less money over more years (due to age and injury concerns) to help Miami on their tax bill.

8. chrisgraham

chrisgraham Member

you would have to trade lin and asik for expiring contracts, but i would do that, take back expiring overvalued players

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Morey has been trying to trade Lin and Asik for a long time with no success.

10. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

The rumor,as posted last page, is that if Lebron leaves Miami him and Bosh will be traded to Houston. John Ireland says a source informed him of this. This is the same source that told him that Bosh and Lebron were going to Miami. He said this on the radio before the "decision" and that source turned out right then, so the source does have some credibility.

Win or lose, I would not be surprised to see Lebron leave Miami. Wade is done. Each year that goes by will just be a worse dropoff. He can't even play back to back anymore and he has not expanded his game...he is still athleticism dependent..and that athleticism and durability keeps getting worse each year. Stephen A Smith said Lebron and Wade already had conversations about if Lebron leaves there won't be any hard feelings.

If Wade was willing to opt out and take a big paycut I could see Lebron staying in Miami, but Wade is due 42 million over the next 2 years and the only way he will opt out is if he gets a contract larger than 42 million (maybe 3 years 55 million or something like that). That is a big problem having so much cap tied to a declining player who is not that good anymore and not durable at all, which is why I think Lebron leaves.