1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do the Rockets go from here? Will Morey go after Lebron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Jul 16, 2013.

1. newAge_Rockets

I'll bet with anyone that Lebron stays in Miami. You don't run back to an owner that associated you with Benedict Arnold.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah!!! Just like Howard would never come here!!! Stupid homers!!!:rolleyes:

3. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THEY "THINK" LeBron is going to CLEVELAND???????

4. poing

poing Member

that was certainly the case over a year ago. our roster got better, the lakers sucked terribly, and our chances improved.

our roster should be appealing to anyone, but what exactly from lebron james himself or the miami heat would indicate to you that there is anything more than a near zero chance at this point in time that james ends up a rocket? logically this isn't even worth discussing despite your sarcasm suggesting that anything can happen.

to be optimistic about our chances of landing lebron james would make you a homer roughly level with the lakers fans who believe he could headed to los angeles. don't see where anything you quoted is inaccurate.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

LOL!!!

....that is all

6. 713

713 Member

The only chance we get Lebron if we sign and trade Harden + Parsons AND that's not to mention if Lebron wants to come here.

7. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

I'd rather use all the assets to get more picks next year.

Will Lebron make Rockets better? Yeah. But do we have a chance? I doubt it.

Why put all the money in one basketball and trying this 2-4 year window? Why not learn from Spurs and build the franchise sustain-ably. Harden is only 24 and he is Rocket's superstar.

Let me take this little further: If, hypothetically Rockets do get Lebron, how old is he? 28 . He would be 30 once he gets here. How much years he has left? Maybe another 3 years or 4 years at best at peak performance. And that is the 4 year window Rockets trying to WIN NOW. But let's ask another question: How long did the Spurs last? 10 years with the same core.

2014 is a big year. Mark it! 2014 is the biggest year in draft and biggest year in Free Agent. Any team who is not preparing for 2014 other team named Miami Heat are dinosaurs.

I'd trade Jones, Dmo, even Lin, Parson for any pick in the top 5 or top 10. Does anyone how good this draft is? Any player top 5 I can guarantee you a franchise player or superstar. Why go for Lebron when players like Jabari Parker or Julius Randle more feasible and realistic?

What does it take? I think with the right package, Rockets can get this done. I don't see the reason why Bucks won't be interested in Asik or Parson. Heck, they'd do the trade in a heartbeat.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

50/50 chance at best

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get that but it takes a young star several years to get to that level.

Lebron is not only a franchise player.... he is the Best arguably Top 5 or Top 6 of all time and that has Big men and Swings included.

You have to look very hard at it even when Lebron is 33, he has that court vision that Kobe never had

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It would hurt his legacy to come win it with Dwight and Harden. He's won two as the guy.

He would still be the guy here but that would be too much help.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe he doesn't care & just wants more rings than Jordan and Kobe

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. verysimplejason

I'll trade anybody just to get LBJ. Yeah, even Howard or Harden (but not both). Whatever left is enough to gun for a championship ring or 2, or 3, or 4. With LBJ, you just need 1 or 2 fellow superstars and the rest, role players to be successful. It feels like getting Magic. Almost anybody fits. :)

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah ok... its far fetched to think lebron took less money to play in a smaller market with wade who has the exact same skill set as him no youth, draft picks, or real pg...and a soft bosh

But he wont do it to play with a larger market, the Best center, and best SG who compliments his game... and a plethora of young cheap players, and draft picks.

What do you call the opposite of a homer?

15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

After we kick Lebron's a$$ in the finals this year he will hate us.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope not. I want him in Miami, so we can compete with him for the championship. More fun than just steamrolling over every team in the league. Remember when LA tried the super team, the fabulous five? It was a bust.

17. b0ng

b0ng New Member

I doubt LBI leaves Miami if they are still making the Finals or winning it all.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If Lebron goes to a team other than Miami or Cleveland, he'll become a merc and destroy much of his potential legacy.

19. OmerAsik3

OmerAsik3 Member

20. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

If he is smart, he wouldn't come to the West.