1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Are Our Two Championship Trophies?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Velcromium, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Reading this article really hit the nail on the head, as I have been to the Toyota Center many times and have walked around it, but I have NEVER seen our championship trophies.

We are a championship city, with a championship organization and if you ask me banners do not cut it. When I walk into the Toyota Center I want to see a big case showcasing our two trophies as a reminder of who we are and what we have accomplished. I could care less about seeing a new damn truck or such, and I guarantee it would most certainly change the atmosphere during game time.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought everyone knew that Jeremy Lin has them.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've touched them before :p

They get around. Probably in Les' office.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

They were in full display at the NBA Jam session at GRB. Dented and in all their glory.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

A while back, in a video interview I seem to recall seeing them inside the Rockets' offices, they had them on display there in a case.

but this was a few years back, so they might not still be there

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

I remember we broke one within a day of winning the title. The ball part had snapped off the base. I think Matt Bullard either dropped it or was quoted as saying, "No wonder it's heavy. It's full of sand."

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

http://mentalfloss.com/article/30588/shattered-dreams-9-tales-damaged-trophies#ixzz2PcBUtwtc

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

they are in a display case in the admin office. You should be able to see them if you look through the glass of the double doors on the second floor next to the escalator

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I had my picture taken with them. Me and my daughter.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Somewhere collecting dust since it's been almost twenty years since we've had to open the case to add one... Way to go Les....

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Morey flipped them for draft picks. ;)

12. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Other team have it out there in the open? :eek:. Idk about you, but somebody out there has to be like ''Man I can steal them'' including me

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in our hearts

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

Took a tour of Toyota Center a few months back. They keep the trophies in two separate trophy cases at Toyota center, right next to the Comets' trophies. I think they put all the trophies away when the building is empty though.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Les the cheap melted the trophies down right after he traded Dream to the Raptors.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

this, as people mentioned already, they are ALWAYS on display at public events. I've had pictures with it when I attended a QA with Morey for STH holders, they had it on display at one of the 610 Fan Fest back in '11.

17. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

18. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

I think we are missing the point here, I could really care less on where they actually are per se, but more like as in "where are they at", as motivational tool for this organization and its fans. They are symbolic artifacts to show how the team of that period took whatever means necessary to put it all together and win it all.

Just think how you would feel if you walked into the Toyota Center and were greeted by a trophy case displaying all the pride and glory of those two championship teams. Sometimes it is the little things that make a difference.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you mean something like this?

[​IMG]

Pic from BimaThug's twitter

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with OP. I think it'd be nice to give the trophies a lot of prominence in the actual arena.