1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are all of the Cato bandwagnoners?????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, Apr 10, 2002.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

This guy sucks and his on-court demeanor and attitudes sucks also. I am so sick and tired of him sulking everytime some one scores on him and then staring down a star player when he luck up and make one good play. The guy doesn't intimidate not one player in the NBA but the trainer Keith Jones. Keith is only scared because he doesn't want Cato to get hurt. Last night, there were so many easy layup by the Heat and Cato just let them blow right by them without giving any type of effort. Now when he played good for a short time a couple of weeks ago alot of people were on his jock. Where are yall at now that this piece of crap has reverted back to his old ways. It seems as though he has no desire of improving his game and that's the wrong attitiude to bring to your team.

2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I'll take 13 rebounds any day. I all for the taurus.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

As long as he gets to the glass and block shots I'm happy.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yea, and as long as he continues to put one foot in front of the other, he can't be considered a paraplegic. :p

5. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

just waive the guy

6. Sane

Sane Member

I suppose if he was on the IL at this point you'd be pissed because he's pissed? But it doesn't matter that he has an injured wrist and he's playing through it right? It doesn't matter that our backcourt combined for 2 or 3 assists last night, while Kenny Thomas out assisted them, and Moochie almost out assisted the whole team in regular time? That Griffin shot poorly?

Give it up. He got 13 rebounds. Zo and Brian Grant fouled out. He's playing hard, he's playing good. But what good is winning at this point in the season?

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Cato has been playing pretty good lately, rebounding well, and hustling a lot more. I sort've like him now. And yes, I am jumping on the 'Cato Bandwagon'. :D.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hell, I've been on the Cato bandwagon for about 2 months now.

Keep it up, Big K!

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

<b>Yea, and as long as he continues to put one foot in front of the other, he can't be considered a paraplegic. :p </b>

And as long as he's grabbing 13 boards and playing defense he'll be our starting center! ;)

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No doubt!
    I was just trying to be funny.
    sorry Jerry. :(

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

12. Looogie

Looogie Member

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Cat made the statement a few weeks ago that guys can't wait till midseason to get into shape. Summer is where you get better. Who do you think he was talking about?

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

leeb, he's probably talking about playing shape. "Game" shape.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I didn't catch that quote but I think it's clear that it was toward Cato then. Cato bandwagon?? I must be driving, I've always loved this guy - don't ask why. He grabbed 13 boards and a block with an injured wrist he's playing through -- you'd think they'd stop bashing him, but I guess not.

Loogie you can't compare Cato to one of the greatest centers of all-time. In fact, I think right now it's debatable as to who would be of more value to the Rockets, Cato or Hakeem. I'm not sold on the idea of Hakeem still being able to snare rebounds night after night. That's a different discussion though..

I hope cato stays how he is. He's playing ball right now, plain and simple. He wants to win, shows his pride every game. I doubt he'll have a lazy offseason.

The thing I want to see from him next year is a better ft% - this year wasn't so great. I'd like to see get a little jumper in the lane as well. I don't want him to come back with an arsenal of offensive weapons, that's not realisitic. What is realisitic is for Cato to improve his ft%, while working on developing a hook from close rang. Contrary to others opinions, I believe he IS intimidating. If they bring it in weak on this Cato, it goes back out.

I guess Cato won the lottery ball draw for a 'this player SUCKS' thread

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mo Taylor?

17. Sane

Sane Member

Mo Taylor was reportedly in phenomenal shape. Probably reffering to Cato, Rice, Walt (though i doubt it), Collier(?).

Francis is always in good shape (mashallah), Cat was in great shape, the Rooks were, KT definitely was.

There you go j-bone, the bandwagoners.

I think it's fair to say Cato has been playing his heart out, getting 9+ rebounds VERY often and is averaging almost 2 blocks since that 20th or so game.

It's more than a streak. Cato can be our man in the middle now that he's shown what he can do. Now, the weakest link is Glen Rice. Always replace the weakest link or strengthen it (excellent backup).

18. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I think the layup line would disagree with you.

20. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I truthfully dont see how anyone can be supportive of Cato, his play or his contract. He is the laziest piece of garbage this team has ever seen.