1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Will We See Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Dec 27, 2010.

1. TheGoldenGreek

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol I think I sat in the row in front of you man.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Look, you can sign me up as the captain of the Bench Budinger Brigade, but I'm not even that concerned with how long it is taking Williams. In fact, it was completely expected.

Adelman runs a system on offense. It is not just plays where you can read a playbook and try to memorize in a few days. It is an entire philosophy.

Williams is a second year player still finding his way in the league. While I have zero doubt that he may be 100 times the player Budinger is(not much of a compliment), without the proper practice time he would look like a deer in headlights out there. Come to think of it... that would still look better than roadkill which is what Bud looks like right now, but that is neither here nor there.

Anyways, any doubts that you have, just look at how Hill was brought along last year.

Hill was traded here on the Feb. 18th deadline. It wasn't until 8 games and 17 days later before he broke into the rotation and got his first non-garbage time minutes.

Now I was expecting a little quicker transition for Williams, since Hill never had someone playing in front of him that was sucking the life out of our team. But now it has been a full 6 games and 12 days, so look for Williams to get his shot some time in the next week or so.

1 person likes this.
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

lets hope he plays wednesday, or its going to be a nightmare watching chase "guard" lebron

5. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

i think there's a chance we see him Wed. if and when we start getting blown out, they may put him in to see what he can do against lebron. There's a vid of him flagrant fouling Lebron. he is not afraid of him in any way.

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

When will we see more threads calling for Terrence Williams? Pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase!!!!

7. Hball

Hball Member

Terrence will probably stay benched until next season where he can compete for a spot in training camp, unless theirs a trade or an injury.

RA's not the type to take a player out of the rotation mid-season, we've seen that throughout his tenure here he's very loyal to players that has already been in the line-up from the start.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

why are there no videos of terrence williams passing?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Best Terrence Williams video, IMO. It's long, but you'll love it. Especially the pass starting at 6:09. :eek: :eek: ;) Sick!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59JZcykhpY

Everytime i watch it, i think he's going to shoot it! :eek: :grin:

10. platypus

platypus Member

He needs to get minutes...that mix sure made him look good...WAY better than chase. He can't really shoot but he is a true slasher and just his aggressiveness with the ball is amazing, in reality i think rick will switch him soon for cbud....

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/recap_rockets_vs_wizards_de_2010_12_27.html

[rquoter]
    And 1s: Before the game, Adelman addressed the status of newly-acquired Terrence Williams, who has yet to see game action since becoming a member of the team. Shortly after the trade was made, Adelman spoke of his need to see Williams on the practice court in order to get a better idea of his strengths and weaknesses, and of the importance for the second-year player to familiarize himself with the Rockets’ system. Due to Houston’s pre-Christmas road trip and the holiday break which followed, Williams has only had one practice with the club up to this point, so it might be a little while yet before he gets an opportunity to play significant minutes in Rockets’ red.

“This week we’ll be able to see him practice and get an idea of where his strengths are and everything,” said Adelman. “But it’s hard to get him into the rotation right now so we’ll just have to wait and see.

“We’re trying to be consistent with what we’re doing right now and I think you also have to remember we’ve been trying to get Aaron back in at the same time. That’s a change, too, so right now we’re just going to kind of go with what we’ve been doing and go from there.”[/rquoter]

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Thanks for posting this info. Whats so hard about taking out someone who is not performing? How is Bud being consistant?

Worse comes to worse, T-Will may take a while to click. But then isnt that where we are now with Chase? So whats the difference?

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Who knows, they might be trying include Bud in a deal.....sadly his stock is dropping by the minute.

14. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Works for me!

15. Htown's2kFinest

I'm surprised he only got one practice in with the team so far. Thought he would have a couple in by now. I say give him another practice with the team, let play the next game against Miami and the games after cause we will definitely need help with the schedule coming up.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DD gets his wish! :grin: More time for C-Bud!

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

T-will Twitter after tonight's game.

"Gnight love ones, fans, homies, and oh yea haters duhh how can I forget you guys night night."

Seems to me he's starting to show the attitude that he was renowned for in New Jersey. Bad sign.

18. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

His chance will come soon... as soon as Adelman feels he has a good grasp of the system, if Chase keeps struggling.

I have no idea how he'll play, but I'm very confident that we'll have the "told ya so" fans either way. Either, "Told ya guys he wasn't ready," or "I told you guys Adelman was stupid not to play this guy.

Either way, I love this guys long term potential.

19. Codeo

Codeo Member

I think you may be looking a little bit too much into his tweet.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

I hope so. I'm excited to see him play, but worried that his attitude could screw that up.