1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Will We See Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Dec 27, 2010.

1. leeaser

leeaser Member

I'm at the wizards vs rockets game and me and a friend are about to start a "we want T-Will" chant in the 3rd!

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

The Loch Ness Monster plays hoops?

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Unrivaled crossover that has never been seen before. Has moves that even Prince and the revolution can't pull off.

4. tofu--

tofu-- Member

The Loch Ness Monster resembles a cephalopod?

5. Codeo

Codeo Member

From all the scouting reports T-Will is unselfish about trying to find the open guy, I believe some described him as a point forward. Isn't that just what we need coming off the bench with AB and Lee? He can create for AB jumpers and Lee's slashing, as no one else can really create off the bench (Brad Miller stumbling his way to the hoop isn't creating). I understand that a player needs to learn the schemes, but what's the point of playing a guy who knows the scheme (Budinger) yet still manages to be a negative on both offense and defense? Our bench stalls on offense far too often to not give T-Will a chance.

6. ThaShark316_28

When, you ask?

February 30th.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tell ya what, give him about 2 weeks of practice, and if Chase is still struggling, give him chase's minutes.

DD

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Maybe next year.

9. rocketshopeful

do people forget how long it took Rick to play landry? Or start scola? I am not expecting terrence williams to play much at all for a while and may not be in the rotation until they look at him this summer or training camp.

10. Codeo

Codeo Member

Why is 2 weeks a fair deadline but 30 games isn't?

11. DaDakota

I would do it today Codeo, if Twill knew the rotations on defense...he needs practice time to learn the system.

DD

12. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares, as long as the team keeps winning. Rick will play him when he thinks its appropriate.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have no doubt that the Rockets have plans for Terrence Williams. However, he replaced Jermaine Taylor on our roster - not Shane Battier or Chase Budinger. If Adelman is confident that he can contribute at a high level, I'm sure we'll see him on the floor. Otherwise, I have no problem with them allowing him time to adjust to the team and system. I just hope he pans out with the Rockets. We've had guys in the past that were very talented but could never put it together. Taylor only being the most recent. Kirk Snyder is coming to mind.

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He replaced Jermaine Taylor's roster spot --- not his role on the team. I don't think many teams would be offering up 1st rounders for Chase Budinger. Williams needs to see the floor. I'll give him a week or so of practice to get everything down, but if he's still not playing in a week-to-two, I don't think I'll be too happy.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sure he needs to learn the offensive system as well.I do feel that C-Bud needs to earn his minutes as well. He is not a rookie anymore. I would put Lee at the reserve 3 for now instead.

16. Felece

Felece Member

You can sorta argue that... Despite Chase keeping the offense in flow, he doesnt do jack **** if his shots are just bricking off left and right. And we all know how Chase defends... If Bud's shots are falling, then fine, let him play, but if his shot isnt, get him off the floor and let the new guy play.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Williams is far, far better than either of those guys. He is also a very good person. You could say he is crazy ala Nate Robinson, but he is harmless.

Snyder is legit crazy. :(

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Id let Terrence roam free on offense if he knows the defensive rotations a little. Why? He is obviously a better defender than Budinger individually from all we hear. So he wont be a bigger detriment to our defense than Budinger would who offenses get wide eyed for and go after. Also Terrence could do other things Bud cant like pass, rebound, steal, and lead a break. So you can free style on offense with him for a few minutes.

19. Codeo

Codeo Member

Like I said, I understand the system takes time to learn. However I cannot see Twill's defensive impact being worse than Bud's when he is seemingly getting walked over every single game. Not only in one on one situations, but off ball as well. I think you're a believer in letting these young players into game situations so they can grow, and it's hard to argue that Bud's potential is higher than Twill's. Although, this is all assuming that Twill has a competent head on his shoulders, which is hard for any outside observer to determine thus far.

20. DaDakota

See, this is just wrong.

Chase has been doing pretty good on rebounding, and passing....and moving the ball.

The entire 2nd unit is busted right now, they are built to run, and they need Lowry to set the tempo....

Chase needs him big time....now if you are going to keep AB on the 2nd unit then you need to get players that fit better with him.....Chase fits better with a guy who runs...right now he is a better transition player, and is struggling big time in set pieces.

He did have a great block tonight which ignited the break...so as bad as he has been, he has done some things that matter on the floor.

DD