1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Will We See Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Prince

Prince Member

Tonight's the night...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYMyCcR63Go?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYMyCcR63Go?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

Unleash the beast

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If it's a blowout he will play...or if one of our rotation guys are injured or in foul trouble. Otherwise, he is probably still learning the offense in practice.

His time will come, his defense will have to be what gets him on the court. Remember when people had to earn playing time?

4. Felece

Felece Member

I would'nt mind playing Brian Cook over Bud atm. Let alone Williams... Bud has done everything he could to lose his playtime with the horrid shooting and HORRIBLE defense.

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Excellent point, I imagine when Williams is able to outplay Bud in practice AND demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the offense he will take Bud's minutes easily.

His upside is much higher (potential starting small forward), while Bud would be a nice addition to a team needing a spot up shooter/slasher off the bench.

6. rjr

rjr Member

He's going to a few practices loged in before he sees some playing time.I would think probably 1 or 2 more weeks.

7. Sanity2disChaos

PLEASE EDIT.....THANK YOU.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

let me call Adelman and see what's the hold up.

9. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

You want to see T.W....what is it going to take?

That's easy, wish for a blowout and we will probably see him sooner than expected.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

TW the new JT.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

i swear if rick puts TW in a similar situation to JT, i will personally slap the piss outta him!

Play T-Will!

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Because Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin and Shane Battier and Courtney Lee and Aaron Brooks and Chase Budinger are all ahead of him in the rotation. And there's only 48 minutes in a basketball game. Just like any other young player, he has to earn his minutes in practice. If its a blowout, then he'll get minutes in the 4th quarter.

13. foo82

foo82 Member

How is budinger able to get minutes ahead of him is what I'm trying to figure out. The guy's defense is probably worse than Martin's defense.

14. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Winner....

DM said in a recent interview that they (Rockets) told him he would need to earn his minutes in practice and prove he can contribute to the team.

Sounds fair to me....

15. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

this dude can obviously play, well he can on 2k11 ;) seems athletic... looks way better then bud right now, maybe an attitude problem...

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

Didn't they say he had to earn time in practice?

And professional basketball schemes aren't learned very quickly and players that can't accept RA's team oriented offensive schemes typically don't work out too well, *cough Jermaine Taylor *cough cough. And T-Will looked kinda like a ballhog the way he played in NJ, so he's going to have to adjust big time to be successful as a rocket.

17. anchel

anchel Member

He's far from being a ballhog. Questionable shooting selection is another thing, he's an unselfish player on the court, very good passer.

He's athletic but he's not another Jermaine Taylor.

18. tofu--

tofu-- Member

No. What I think we're saying is we want to see him released, much like a certain mythological sea monster that resembles a gargantuan cephalopod conjectured to dwell in the remote regions of Norway and Iceland and despite its immense popularity, its existence has yet to be proven much like Terrance Williams himself.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dont panic now. Perhaps panic after the trade deadline(as Clutch said). Even then, I might not panic but thats just me. Anyhow,

FSHouston

20. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

The offense is dead right now, why not put him in and see what he can create..