1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Taylor replace Griffin in the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Mar 13, 2003.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Uh, Rudy turned out to be right on that one. Are you not happy with the two championships?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How many assists did he have the game before?

3. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Do you remember how much Kenny sucked after the championship seasons and Rudy still have him in the lineup? (95-96)

4. ChenZhen

Just admit that you're wrong will ya? MoT is a much better passer than EG even though the assist numbers don't say so...you've got to get over it.

#44 ChenZhen, Mar 14, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never said E.G. was a great passer, they are both about the same, they really don't pass at all, except to Yao from the High post.

6. ChenZhen

When did I say pgabriel said EG was a great passer?

They are not on the same level when it comes to passing. Not even close. You're making yourself sound like an idiot again.

Paraphrasing the great BBS poster GrEgoNoMiCS, "<i>Stop Posting</i>" :D

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just because you called me an idiot, I have to respond,

quote by ChenZhen
    MoT is a much better passer than EG even though the assist numbers don't say so

Can you please answer this question, you can think of any player who everyone would agree is a great passer, Magic, Stocton, Bird, Isiah, etc.....

They're assist numbers will prove they are great passer, look them up, compare them to similar players,

Mo Taylor's assist numbers don't stack up to other power forwards, they just don't, so all of you guys who thinks he's a great passer are wrong, if the assist numbers don't lie for the top assist men in history, why do they lie for Mo Taylor. I guess the numbers just don't like him, this argument is stupid, the numbers have answered the question.

8. Toast

Toast Member

Well, you make a case for my proposed starting line-up, but you don't make a case for the one just about everyone else proposes: Yao, MoT, Glen Rice, Mobley, Francis. These guys play together on the court 10+ minutes a game, all in the end of the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter. There's no learning curve. There's no adjustment. These guys play generally 1/4 of a game together on the court, and have been doing it for a LONG time now.

9. bongman

bongman Member

We won right?

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. If that combination is part of the rotation depending on game situation, then it could only mean one thing - it worked. It was used 2 of the 3 games so it looks like part of the game plan.

Would the outcome have been any different if that was the starting lineup? Who knows.

I am agreeing that this lineup is better than our starting but what we have to ask is, will changing it assure us of more wins? Who knows. The only way to find out is to do it. What is going to happen if we change it now and still not make the playoffs? We would be saying what if we did not change it? If we loose with this line up, we can say that we lost with the one that gave us a little bit of success.

If we were on a loosing streak, then I agree that changes needs to be made. We will have to agree to disagree with the "learning curve".

Smile! :)

#49 bongman, Mar 14, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2003