1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Jlin get better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Knickskiller, Nov 15, 2012.

1. jose

jose Member

He's a fraud compared to his "linsane" status.

2. Lihao

Lihao Member

[​IMG]

3. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Kind of silly when it's a player-oriented league, college basketball is extremely popular and fandom can develop from numerous sources for numerous reasons.

What would be fitting criteria for being a Rockets fan? You had to be born one? You have to live in the city? You had to have signed up on this board at a particular point in time? You have to cheer exclusively for the team and disregard all the unique players on the roster?

Your position is silly.

4. jose

jose Member

You support the name on the front above the name on the back.

5. munco

munco Member

What are you talking about? You act as if its the height of linsanity right now. It'd be one thing if all the attention and accolades were on him now but they aren't.

6. jose

jose Member

If people accept him as a serviceable role player(which to me he isn't, but that's ceiling to me), then that's fine with me. But this fan club is talking about him so much he may as well be Linbron.

To me he's a good player off the bench but not a viable starter. Then he can get those "free reigns" everyone is talking about off the bench when Harden is sitting.

7. FearTheBeardJH

[​IMG]

His PER, TS% and TOV% is almost identical to his rookie season that means last year was probabably just a fluke and he is role player in the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

You've got to realise that repeating the same fiction again and again will not make it into the reality you wish it to be. You should apply to be an anchor on Fox news, this kind of wishful ethos would fit in well there.

All the statistics and evidence thus far completely contradict everything you have said about Lin.

Currently, he is the second best defender and best playmaker on this team. Your blind hatred and bias will not change that no matter how much you wish it to.

9. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

P.S. I should stop replying to trolls.

10. jose

jose Member

I'm not trolling, but I root for the Rockets, not Jeremy Lin.

If Jeremy Lin were playing well right now I wouldn't be saying anything.

Tell me what my bias is then? I don't have any bias. Oh I guess I have a bias against bad inefficient players though.

Linsanity was an aberration. It's not gonna happen again and if it did, it'd be more likely to happen when Harden is sitting on the bench and Lin comes off of it.

11. just a word

just a word Member

Even if they're not a troll, I think it's sorta like talking politics: opinions are so set by the majority of people that it's kinda a waste of time debating past a certain point (during which you figure out what sort of person you're talking to).

If they can't see the things Lin brings to the floor, that had remained fairly consistent from Linsanity 'til now barring the scoring, then there might just be no point. Just wait for Lin to make them eat crow (I had the same feelings about Asik and that panned out completely).

12. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Jeremy Lin is part of the Rockets, jose :)
    Jeremy wasn't playing well because he was being used a spot up shooter, out of position because he is point guard. That changed in the Blazers' game, you see Jose? :)
    No, Linsanity will not happen here and it doesn't need to happen because unlike in New York, he won't have to carry the load of leadership to get wins while playing with a bunch of scrubs. This team is talented enough for everyone to contribute. :)

Simple enough for you jose? or should I simplify it further under the assumption that you were dropped at birth? :)

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Don't mind Jose. He lost all arguments to Torocan in the other thread and came to this thread to repeat the same arguments.

14. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

but he is playing well. he's doing exactly what the coach is telling him to do and more.. assists, defense, rebounds, blocks, steals. pretty much EVERYTHING besides making his jumpers. we would all love to see him make his jumpers (and it will come) but scoring isn't everything, is it? maybe to you? is that all you look at?

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Not even surprised. They are using his exactly as GSW used him so no wonder.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Maybe we should just have a poll hof vs lof

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Sorry. . I mean lof vs loh

18. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

He's playing against starters now.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that he's played 9 games this season which already exceeds his entire rookie campaign. Both of the sides on the Lin debate are acting....just stoopid. Really, that's the only word to describe it.

- If you are judging a player comparing the 320 minutes they played this season to the 240 minutes they played their ENTIRE rookie season - you are stupid.

- And if you think if a player gets pulled in crunch time after being torched for bucket after bucket and then say the temporary coach filling is must be racist - again, you are stoopid.

What this board needs is a "stoopid" forum to stick both you guys in so yall can argue your insane fallacy filled ignorant cases against each other and the rest of us don't have to read this crap every day.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

You mean his rookie season when he was averaging 9 min a game? :rolleyes: