1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Jlin get better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Knickskiller, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

He just needs a visit to the shaoLIN temple.

See what I did there?

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

They wanted him when he came out of the draft.

Anyway Lin isn't being traded to the LA any time soon.

3. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

if Lin requires

he can.

4. pnr

pnr Member

Why would Lin want to be traded to be a backup?

5. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Dallas are interested on Lin too.

6. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

D'antoni system requires a PG that can make others better. McHale/Sampson system requires a PG that can make jumpers.

This is why a Lin-Steve Blake trade makes so much sense. Blake is a shooting PG aka undersized SG, whereas Lin is not. Lin fits the Lakers, Blake fits the Rockets. Of course you have to add players, picks, cash, etc. to even it out, but it should be done. So easy.

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Da fuq are you talking about????

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

You mean if the Lakers want it and Houston still is dragging themselves to get Pau Gasol.

9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

It also depends on how it will hit the Lakers cap. If the Lakers get hit with that 3rd year and 15 million, they might hesitate.

If it's the $8mill, they can easily trade Chris Duhon and Steve Blake for Lin...but do the Rockets really want that?

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

The Lakers won't get hit with the 3rd year 15 million. Sigh. The lakers will have 8 million a year over 3 years. And why are we entertaining trading Lin to the Lakers after 8 games played. Let's not pull a fire Mike Brown.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nope

Lin has no leverage at the moment, and he's not the kind of diva to demand a trade.

12. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Why would the Rockets want Chris Duhon and Steve Blake??

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He will get better.

Just give him time to heal.

I remember a few years back when everyone was furious at Lowry posting about Black Ops all the time on twitter because he should have "been in the gym." He turned out fine just a few weeks later and look at him now.

Lin is 24, and hasn't played a full season in the NBA. Players go through growing pains. We know one thing, Lin is a gym rat and will do whatever it takes to get better. I've been as hard as anyone has been on him because I was a huge Lowry and Dragic fan but I think he has done fine and fit more with the team that Morey invisions (flexibility going forward).

I hope that he blossoms into that 16/7/4 type of PG that we know he can be and I think that he will.

15. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Lakers were supposed to draft Lin, which in hindsight for them they probably should have, instead of the the players they did, which are now waived...

They wanted him after his summer league stint, as did Dallas and Golden State.
    After he was cut, they still wanted him, but Houston had a worse record.

Dallas and Lakers again were still after Lin at tehe nd of the season, but with NY bluffing about matching anything they backed off, figured it was a waste of time. Only Rockets made an offer.
    I figured NY wanted to sign him for peanuts after bluffing everyone away, but lucky for him Morey didn't fall for it :)

16. Orange1

Orange1 Member

No. it is not as simple as you try to describe. These young players do not know how to play properly under either D system, M system or any system. They simply are too raw to handle any set play. No wonder Lin can not show his ability for now.

Currently Lin has to develop his shooting ability while playing with these young players. That is the reason all Rockets players can play any position. There is no difference in playing any position. Coaches asked them to shoot three (except Asik) on any open shot instead of any set play with consistency.

17. conquistador#11

he is not shooting the ball well, that's kind of an understatement..he is horrible at shooting the ball right now. But he is playing the PG position nicely, when he has been playing pg.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

They need to run more plays for him so he can get his FG% up. I was watching games of his in NY under Woodson & the Knicks would set multiple screens/picks for him Lin never had to ask like he does in Houston. Sometimes they would screen the screener.

Here is the video with some footage of Lin last year it starts at the 2:50 mark. Look how many screens are being set & the ball movement/player movement & spacing. The guys on the court aren't even great shooters pretty much it is just Steve Novak & Lin who were carrying the offensive burden. How he is being used here as a playmaker vs Houston is so different it is like night & day. Can't stress enough how severely under utilized he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QK5yjAos7vI

19. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Because at least he'd get to play as a PG when he was on the floor as opposed to a primetre 3 point shooter?

20. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

He's shooting 35% right now, which is ugly/bad, but not end of the world horrible. Ricky Rubio shot ~35% over the course of 41 games last year. If Lin is still stuck at sub .400 shooting by the 40 game mark then lets talk.

Teams have played 7-9 games NBA right now so its still extremely early in the season. There are bunch of players shooting sub-.400 right now (i.e. Westbrook, Ellis, Pierce, Curry, Bargnani, etc.), but I doubt they stay below that level. You don't right off a player after such few games. Unless his name is Royce White...