1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When the going gets tough, Stupid Franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, Mar 8, 2003.

1. JR

JR Contributing Member

gets sick. Missed practice today with flu-like symptoms! Yeah, like the Johnnie Walker flu!

Tremendous leadership from this young man. That conversation with the Big O at the all-star break really got him on the right track!

2. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Who cares? Like Lorenzen Wright said earlier, this team is better without Francis.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

did you just say Francis called in drunk.

JR, you are losing it.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Obviously, the cold weather has caused Francis to drink hard liquor to warm himself up. Duh!:rolleyes:

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

THe last time Moochie started he surprised everyone by being a leader and passing out the assists.

6. mos-def

mos-def Member

this is a joke, right? gotta be a joke, why even post something this mean and petty? childish, just plain childish.

7. alex_huynh

alex_huynh Contributing Member

This is really bad news. I was looking forward to tonight's matchup between Francis and Kidd, especially with all these trade talk between the two. We need Francis out there to contain Kidd. Moochie cannot keep up with Kidd. I think a win over New Jersey at our first home stance stretch would do a lot more than that win over Toronto.

8. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Gotta be the XO. Blame that on Yao :p

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

March 7, 2003, 10:12PM

-Rockets summary from Chronicle-

Francis ill

Rockets guard Steve Francis missed Friday's practice with flu-like symptoms and his availability for tonight's home game against New Jersey will be a game-time decision, coach Rudy Tomjanovich said.

The Rockets taped the practice session and planned to have an assistant coach go over things with Francis at his home Friday afternoon.

"We really needed him here," Tomjanovich said. "Those are unexpected, disappointing things that happen. We're getting everybody ready, and the first thing I get from the trainer is, `Steve's not going to be here. He's ill.' "

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sure Steve wants to play.He has been going through pain as well but hasn't complained.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Is there anything we don't know about Francis sickness? If not, you are a sick man!:mad:

12. JamesPosey55

JamesPosey55 Member

I seriously hope you are joking. Just because we beat 1 ****ty team without Franchise doesn't mean we are better without him. Ever since we started going to Yao every play, we have sucked big time. We were like 2-25 without Francis last year! Please tell me you're joking!

13. Rocketsss

Rocketsss Member

Rox can use Tito maddox as backup. I think Rox can win games without SF

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on guys. I am as hard on Steve as the next guy, but the flu is going around......

Hopefully he will be ready by tonight.

DD

15. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

no francis tonight they will lose by 20 + please play...and why assume that he is not sick?

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

That ****ty team is 3-3 since losing to the Rockets including a win over Utah, a win over Miami (something the Rockets have not been able to do) and a 1 point loss to Boston.

I almost wish Francis doesn't play so maybe you'll stop your ridiculous whining. There isn't a knowledgeable basketball commentator or coach (not a single one) who agrees with your "more shots for Francis" theory. Not one....I dare you to find just one recognized authority that agrees with you.

17. Juugie

Juugie Member

I'm really convinced that there are people here that HATE Steve Francis. And I mean more than just basketball. It seems like just blind hate.

18. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

will Steve play tonight?

19. JR

JR Contributing Member

2 things:

1. Steve Francis gets sick more often than any 26 year-old who takes good care of himself (particularly someone that athletic) should. He was arrested for DUI. And anyone who has followed the Rockets closely during his tenure has heard the not-so-quiet rumors of potentially problem drinking. I'm just painting by numbers here people.

2. Regardless of whether point no. 1 (above) had any bearing on this absence from practice, unless Steve is on his deathbed he should be showing up at this critical point of the season. His absence reflects poorly on (a) his leadership qualities and (b) management's willingness to let him get away with his prima donna B.S.

20. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Steve is ducking Kidd just like Hakeem ducked Shaq. It's not clutch city, it's coward city.