1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Shaq and Yao both on the ground

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by airforce, Jan 18, 2003.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Derrock,I think all of Shaq's points should be counted but Yao played good defense throughout most of the game. I agree with you that there was no need for putting Shaq on the line,we should forced them to take perimeter shots. Fortunately for us Mobley got all the free throws. If he had missed one or two of them it could have set up the Lakers for a tie or a potential win.

There will be a showdown between Shaq and Yao soon in my opinion and Kobe will be surprised when it happens.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So Shaq scored only 4 points against Yao in the first 3 quarters. Yao, on the other hand, had 6 on him in the first quarter. That is so cool. :cool:

Yao got worn down in the 4th and OT and couldn't hold his ground as well as earlier.

3. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I loved it when Horry tried what would have been the monster slam of the night on Yao but Yao tried to block it and fouled him. He could have easily been dunked on. Great play by Yao.

4. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

I watched the game last night and noticed that yao held his ground ... his defence was amazing....he wouldn't allow shaq to get good position (close to the basket) and i saw shaq hesitate going into ming....i remembered one move that he tried so hard to fake out ming......he was going to the basket and spin right then lay up the basket....yao made shaq to work for every shot
    yao first 3 blocks set the tone on his defence tonight...
    after realizing he had a bad shooting night...he came back in the second half and got all those rebounds....all 10 in second half and overtime...none bigger than the one that kobe missed the free throw when rox were done by 3 at the end of the 4th quarter.

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

That's because Shaq was 2ft from the basket with the ball! We all know the result would be a quick two, maybe and-1. So sending him to FT line was the better strategy in that situation. The only complain I have was how easy he got that deep with Cato & Yao guarding him. Rudy should have them front him in those situation.