1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

when its all said and done, Thabeet will go down as the greatest...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aggie87, Mar 4, 2011.

1. SeabrookMiglla

it comes down to this:

will thabeet ever be a good basketball player?

if he is gonna be a legit center, its gonna be here in houston under the guidance some of the best centers of all time.

rockets "fans" tend to judge players rather harshly. the man hasnt had an hour of playing time in the NBA. is it because he hasnt shown progression in practice?

i think hes a good long term project, and a good investment IF he has the passion to learn under his favorite basketball player.

hakeem- make the dream of hasheem come through

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

3. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I never considered players cursed with career ending injuries early in their career....

If that was the case I would have put Sam Bowie, Jay Williams, and Oden on my list...but they were not busts, just cursed with the injury bug

4. acjeitherocket

lmaoooooooooo

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I suppose 9 ppg and 2.2 blocks makes Darko serviceable, so no longer a complete bust.

But it is still one of the dumbest picks ever in the history of the NBA, considering Wade, Melo and Bosh were on the board.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Too early to judge OP

He hasn't even played the equivalent of an entire season yet.

Besides idk why you would gloat about a Rockets player being a bust......some fans
    /thread

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'll take any of those guys over B.Miller...just sayin'.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Thats why you draft the best player available, not draft a player to fill the position you need. That always backfires to whatever teams that choose to draft like that. I still don't understand why some teams rather draft a player because they need a position to be filled other than drafting the best player available.

Portland is trying to cover up their big mistake in drafting Oden. They keep saying well it could go both ways and they kept saying Oden was the right pick and this and that. I mean they had Roy at the time and they do need a big man in the middle. But everyone knew Durant has the potential to be great. Its pathetic how they got the number 1 pick and they used that pick on a player to fill a position.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oden was putting 17 PPG, 13 RPG & 3.4 BPG per 36 minutes in 22 games last year.

If Oden had been healthy, he could have very well developed into a more impactful player than Durant. His talent is truly special...

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

When he did play, he was doing very well. Not necessarily a bust; just injury-prone.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It because Height is overvalued in this league. Had Morey been smart he would have stocked up on bigs if he wanted a Superstar. Thats what everyone wants. A young big man in the middle is hard to come by who has skills. There will always be busts in the top picks and alot of them will be tall busts who are projects. Some will turn out to be Yao Ming and Amare. I dont believe Thabeet is a bust. You have to had some playing time to prove your a bust. He has been in the league for two years. Thats not bust yet.

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

There has been bigger busts but lets just call your list the top busts of the 21st century.

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The most important stat was the 22 games last year. The other numbers are meaningless. It's just like Yao. His ppg, rbg, and bpg per 36 is meaningless, since the games played is 5.

If the Rockets are only concerned with stats for less than half the season, the Rockets might as well sign Przybilla, Oden, and bring back T-Mac. :) It's a playoff contender with lots of height for 5-10 games a season.