1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

when its all said and done, Thabeet will go down as the greatest...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aggie87, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

:eek: It's a bit too far son.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is not true.

Greg Oden was the next the big thing. While people though KD would be a good all-star player...Oden was considered to be a very special player. And since he was a 7 foot prospect with offensive potential and defensive potential...but that is because of now...then many teams saw the next great Center with Durant being another scoring swingman that comes out like once every 3 years or so.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I was replying more to the name-callers and negative posts, the type of guys who call for Martin to be traded after he goes back to back 30's.

He has regressed because of a lack consistent minutes, no defined role & what looks to be no big man coaching.

He has the height to be at least a disruptive force around the rim

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

How easy it is to be negative.

:(

... we've been dealt a tough hand of cards with injuries to TMac and Yao, both of our superstars, which few even teams get. So, it will be probably be awhile before we get back into contention.

But, with limited options, we HAVE to take risks.

Anybody who quits, fails. No chance of succeeding. The race is over, even if you had a chance.

But, those who hope, and try their best, willing to fail and learn, and don't let their emotions determine what they do, but instead intentionally choose their path ... eventually, they do succeed ... at least on a much better level than those who quit, and those who sit on the sidelines throwing stones.

I admire Les and Morey for taking a chance, even if it totally fails.

2 people like this.
  5. k-money

k-money Member

i dont like hating on players, but damn that the quality players tooken after those players really makes them busts.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i like how the biggest busts ever happened all in the last decade. EEEEEEEEVER. cmon we have youtube.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think at this point, Darko has moved into the Keith Van Horn category of draft picks. A decent player, and not a complete bust, but really should have been taken much lower.

Why is Jay Williams considered in these lists of epic busts in NBA draft history? His motorcycle accident was completely his fault, and ridiculously stupid. It's not just an unfortunate injury like Sam Bowie or Greg Oden.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Fixed my personal stupidity.

9. aggie87

aggie87 Member

these are all players I have watched that I had big expectations for...

I never said this list is objective, of course there is going to be alot of bias on my list because it is my top 5 list, I had faith in Jordan's judgement when he picked Kwame Brown, unfortunately he was not even the fraction of the player that I thought he would be...

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i wouldnt say any of the immediate picks after Thabeet are superstars game/team changers you would build around.. Evans won ROY, Rubio hasnt played a single NBA game yet, Flynn is considered a bust, and Harden...

after Darko, Anthony, Bosh, and Wade were taken.

the entire 2000 draft looks pretty pathetic, Ken Martin, Swift, D.Miles, Fizer, M.Miller, Mihm, etc etc... the entire 2000 draft only gets worse.. only player of note worth still having probably is turkeyglue.

i have Darko, Oden, or Bowie winning this contest.. not even really close considering their careers and who was taken right after them.. Portland failed twice passing on Jordan and Durant.. lol

11. Prince

Prince Member

sean may

12. cujo

cujo Member

Gonna give Thabeet another season or two in a new system with new coaches and mentors like CD, Hakeem and Yao, before I will call him a bust.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You are leaving out a lot of other busts from before 1998:

Steve Stipanovich
    Joe Barry Carroll
    Shawn Bradley
    LaRue Martin
    Chris Washburn
    Sam Bowie
    Benoit Benjamin
    Dennis Hopson
    Pervis Ellison
    Danny Ferry

14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Shawn Bradley was a good player. I consider a bust to be a guy that would never see the court on a good team, Bradley was not that guy.

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I didn't know Danny Ferry was a bust.. Don't know much about him other than he is associated with the Celtics.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Way to go Thabeet!!! Way to show the fans and the coaching staff that you really do want to play!!!:cool: Now the haters will start to believe!;)

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

At least he wasn't as horrible as his first 2 minutes of garbage time.

18. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

That block he got tonight was nearly goaltending. That shot seemed like it was just about to hit the top of its arch. He definitely needs to work on his timing. Still, I'm impressed that he came from the weakside so fast. He's a real project. He'll have to keep working hard if he hopes to move up in the rotation.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Really not looking for him to move up anytime soon, but it was just good to see him hustle after all the crap he took from som of these Clutchfans since the trade. Good for him.:)

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I think it's funny that CF supports a guy like Williams who's played twice as many minutes as Thabeet has and accomplished nothing. Yet this guy is an automatic bust.

You guys should apply for Memphis' GM spot, you'd be perfect.