1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When do you shower?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Feb 6, 2006.

?

When do you shower?

1. In the morning

97 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. At night

52 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

To quote another poster's catchphrase:

Oh my gross.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: You shower at WORK?? :D Luckyyyy...!

If I had to choose ONCE, I'd choose at night, since it gives a chance to go to bed hoping for some delight ;) when the kids go to sleep.

Otherwise, I can't shower in the morning or I will wake up the wife since I have to come to work EARLY.

Plus, showering at night lessens the risk of asthmatic causes, like pollen and dust and small particles on your bed.

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I had no idea the world was filled with so many pansies.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am a two shower a day guy. Morning after my workout/before work and then when I get home from work. I am kind of a clean freak.
    I have to say, I am a bit surprised at all the double shower people here. I feel like less of a freak now. :p

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hate showering.

6. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

7. amfootball

amfootball Member

In the morning. Every single morning.

Like the other women in this forum, I'm simply concerned about my hair. If I shower at night, my hair looks like crap the next day (it's all flat...yucky!), but I don't have to blow dry it, which protects its health. However, since I do have to be seen in public, my hair must look spectacular throughout the day. This means I must blow dry it...but I have a cabinet full of sunscreens and other products that protect the strenght and color of my hair from the harshness of the blow dryer. Now, I do three major things that contribute to the health and shine: only wash my hair in ICE cold water...NEVER let warm water near it. I also blow dry it on the cool setting. It takes me about 20 - 30 minutes each morning to dry it, but this prevents it from feeling like straw in the morning. Also, I use high-quality shampoo on my hair. That stuff they sell at the grocery store, Target, whereever, is banned from my home. I use Chaz Dean (have to order it online). It's freaking expensive, but it does not strip the hair because it doesn't have sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate (these are foaming agents that many people are allergic to.)

So, anyhoo, morning for me. Takes about 20 minutes to get all my haircare and leg shaving done!

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

I guess there is no need to ever wash sheets when you go to bed dirty :)

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Who? Patrick Bateman!!

10. underoverup

underoverup Member

i shower twice a day, morning and night before bed anything less is gross.

11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

usually in the mornings since it's about the only thing that snaps me out of my groggy state.

but i'd also like to add anyone that showers after every dump is officially a moron.

that will all.

12. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

what about after a NUT?

13. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

now see that doesn't make much sense.

after a nut? well if you mean after teabagging someone with DEEZ NUTZ, then no, I do not shower after those occasions.

14. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

read between the lines :)

15. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

I'm a night person as well. I love clean sheets. But when I'm at my bf's place on the weekend, it's usually mornings since he's a morning guy and the sheets are already dirty. Not from that, dirty minds, but from him not showering at night.

If it's my place, it'd be every night. Sometimes before going out, always after going out (so I don't get to bed til 3 something on weekends) and after all workouts or breaking a sweat. In the summertime, sometimes it'll be 2-3 times a day just depending on my activities. I don't like feeling sticky or gross.

The hair thing doesn't matter to me, I don't blow dry either so I sleep with wet hair but I guess since I have Asian hair, it doesn't seem to do the things the other girls are talking about.

So it is possible to get your sig other to switch their showering? I'd love to have my hubby shower at night. But I know he needs one in the morning too, I guess he could be a double showerer like many of you.

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So you are married but also have a boyfriend??!! :eek: :eek:

Does Mr. rubytuesday (aka Mick Jagger) know about this?? :p ;)

17. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I'm guessing those of you who don't shower at night also don't workout or play basketball or do anything active during the day?

18. Isabel

Isabel Member

gross... reminds me of something one of my friends did. Apparently he went for a number of months without washing his sheets. (even his brother said it was gross; now that's when I know it was really bad) He said, "well, I just sleep on the top bunk. There's nobody up there except me and the cat." :eek:

I was like, please say you take your showers in the morning and not at night... (fortunately, yes) Still, to think of all that dirt and cat hair...

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

both.

in the morning on weekdays before work, at night on the weekends before i go out.

20. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I always shower in the morning. I can't get good and awake without one. I'll also shower in the afternoon/evening if I have really worked up a sweat during the course of the day. So I guess the best answer for me is "in the mornign and also when I need one"