1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When do we win a ring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jul 23, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets might win one in the next 50 years, fingers crossed.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

It's nearly impossible to say, but not the while the team is currently constructed the way it is. Add another significant piece and I think we're in the mix. Beyond that, there's no certainty that even GS could win next year. Great teams have not won rings and "lesser" teams have shocked the world

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Not one, not two, not three...

4. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I don't think Harden and Morey are capable of delivering a ring to H-town, sadly but it's a true.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just a matter of time and money, if we keep feeding the machine, eventually we'll win something.

[​IMG]

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Some teams, like the wolves and clippers have never won. So technically, we may never win one from today on. But since we just signed Anderson and Gordon, so probably next year.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

[​IMG]

You get a ring, he get a ring, every forking one of you get a ring!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I don't think (as some here seem to be vocal about) that Harden is a loser who can't bring us a ring.

But I think a lot of eggs were in the Harden-Howard basket, and that experiment failing (and Dwight walking for nothing) sets the team back far enough that I don't expect a title in the next 5 years. Not anyone's fault, really. They took their shot at a win now move, got pretty far but not far enough, and then had to retool.

Beyond 5 years, it's pointless to speculate. Nothing we know now can really help predict whether it's 6 years or 40 years.

9. RESINator

RESINator Member

Missed our window with Harden and Howard. Peaked 2 years ago. Probably take a while

10. SemisolidSnake

With the level of competition out there and our chaotic, well, everything, I don't see us winning a ring in any future that I can see at this point.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

After the Texans or Astros

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Four years after Les sells the team and the team tanks for two of those four ....

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Until the rainbow burns the stars out in the sky
    Until the ocean covers every mountain high
    Until the dolphin flies and parrots live at sea
    Until we dream of life and life becomes a dream

We'll be waiting...

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Less than a 1% chance this year and probably less than 1% chance until we have cap room again (4 years).

Our best chance will be the lottery.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, the GSW had a 40 year gap before winning their next championship so by my reckoning, as the Rockets are 21 years removed from their last championship they have another 19 years left on the clock - which may or may not be ticking.

16. mightybosstone

I love Harden, but the odds are definitely stacked against the Rockets winning a title in his prime. The Cavs and Warriors are likely to dominate for the foreseeable future, especially if KD re-signs with Golden State next summer. And as long as Pop is in San Antonio, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with the West.

The good news is that I think Memphis and the Clippers might be nearing the end of their timeframe as legitimate competitors, and Portland basically just locked themselves into mediocrity for the next 3-5 years with the offseason they've had. So if Golden State and/or San Antonio fall over during the next few seasons for whatever reason, I do think Houston has as good a chance as any team to take the Western Conference.

But, gun to my head, I wouldn't pick the Rockets to win a title in the next 5-10 years. It's too hard to win a championship and there are just too many teams right now with more talent on their rosters than Houston.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Oh like Golden State?

18. TheresTheDagger

Not 1, Not 2, Not 3.....

19. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I don't see the Rockets winning it all with Harden as the centerpiece. I hope I'm wrong.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You obviously aren't factoring in our Rubio trade