1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Really?

I heard that TED is a total power bottom.

I am sure that is part of the appeal.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, see that's the kind of insider information that I was missing.

3. Buck Turgidson

Yet he still gets elected. He represents Texas.

I just got the full whammy of conservative relatives this past holiday. With a couple of exceptions, none of them would admit to liking Cruz. I knew the guy when he was 17, he was a smarmy douche then, he's a dangerous smarmy douche now.

Seems to be Rubio or Bush in my very informal straw poll of the 40ish members of my family, the more thoughtful conservative ones really like Kasich. Trump was just treated as a punchline, I still have no idea who is supporting that guy.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ted Cruz: 'The Overwhelming Majority Of Violent Criminals Are Democrats'

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Such a dangerous slimy douche bag. *shudder*

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Does anybody actually dispute this?

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I would hazard a guess that most 'violent criminals' do not have a party affiliation or a voting record. He says this 1. because it is a debate technique, to take the focus off the pro-life association with the Dear atrocity and the propaganda campaign against Planned parenthood and 2. because it's a coded reference for blacks that plays to his base's fear. The facts are that more mass violence is perpetrated by religious zealots, anarchists and super-patriots in the US than by blacks, er, democrats. But I guess he would consider Islamic extremist as democrats too.

One could argue that the state of violence in the US is partly attributable to the continued discrimination against a color of people. The 200 years of slavery and 150 years of discrimination have left a disenfranchised underclass that is driven to violence by desperation.

#127 Dubious, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't get carried away. He's won a grand total of one election. It was an impressive victory, but people didn't know him so well then.

That said, I expect he will easily win re-election again and again.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Most criminals can't vote since there is a law against it, so they do not have party affiliation.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Please share these "facts" you just cited with us to prove they are facts.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/umOap0t1pcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

13. Dubious

A Guide to Mass Shootings in America
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

The perpetrators: More than half of the cases involved school or workplace shootings (12 and 20, respectively); the other 30 cases took place in locations including shopping malls, restaurants, and religious and government buildings. Forty-four of the killers were white males. Only one was a woman. (See Goleta, Calif., in 2006.) The average age of the killers was 35, though the youngest among them was a mere 11 years old. (See Jonesboro, Ark., in 1998.) A majority were mentally troubled—and many displayed signs of mental health problems before setting out to kill. Explore the map for further details—we do not consider it to be all-inclusive, but based on the criteria we used, we believe that we've produced the most comprehensive rundown available on this particular type of violence. (Mass shootings represent only a sliver of America's overall gun violence.)

Here’s how far-right Christians incited stochastic terrorism at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/her...ism-at-a-colorado-springs-planned-parenthood/

“Stochastic terrorism is the use of mass communications to incite random actors to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable. In short, remote-control murder by lone wolf.”

#133 Dubious, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well no, it's pretty obviously true, but it's a scummy thing to say. If the Westboro Baptist assholes were Republicans, would you think that speaks to all Republicans?

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Strawman alert. Who suggested that this applies to ALL Democrats? Certainly not Ted Cruz or anyone here in this thread.

16. Dubious

17. NewRoxFan

And not surprisingly, PolitiFact judges Cruz's claims "Mostly False'.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/dec/01/ted-cruz/are-overwhelming-majority-violent-criminals-democr/

In fact, the studies authors dispute what Cruz is claiming:

18. Commodore

Whenever Cruz makes an accurate claim, the self-appointed "Fact Checkers" get very annoyed.

They will say it "lacks crucial context" or is "deceptive", so they can deem it "false" (which really means it is inconveniently true).

19. Commodore

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-CiDNftMSTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. NewRoxFan

I guess your definition of "accurate claim" is different, when the fact checker deems it mostly false, and the authors of the very study he perverts tells you he is misinterpreting their research...

Of course, Cruz or his staff could have provided context or supporting evidence but not surprisingly have ducked all questions about his claim...