1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Cruz is hated by all the right people (media, DC elites, hollywood celebrities)

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You mean the people that actually take time to consider things rather than just feel them in their guts?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This man has zero chance of becoming president - there is no need to hate him.

4. Buck Turgidson

I live in Texas, can I hate him?

5. Nook

Nook Member

The best possible outcome for the Dems is for Cruz to win the nomination because short of a military coup or a zombie apocalypse he has zero chance of being President.... Cruz' own colleagues would call a press conference to show them casting their votes for Clinton II.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

pretty much. "everyone hates me, i must be doing something (everything) right"

he has taken this a little too far though.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/politics/ted-cruz-planned-parenthood-transgendered-leftist-activist/index.html

Ted Cruz is condemning the deadly shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic, but is refusing to blame the attack on the anti-abortion rhetoric that has consumed stretches of the Republican primary campaign.

Speaking about the alleged gunman, Robert Lewis Dear, at a campaign event in Iowa on Sunday, Cruz accused the media of wanting "to blame him on the pro-life movement when at this point there's very little evidence to indicate that." Audio of the comments was posted online by The Texas Tribune.

When a reporter told Cruz that the suspect in the Colorado Springs killings is alleged to have mentioned "baby parts" after his arrest, the Texas senator responded, "Well, it's also been reported that he was registered as an independent and a woman and transgendered leftist activist, if that's what he is."

Cruz was likely citing a report from The Gateway Pundit, a right-wing blog, that uncovered a Colorado state voter registration form which lists Dear's gender as female.

The term "transgendered" is considered offensive by the LGBT community. The appropriate usage when describing an individual, as explained by National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association, is "transgender person," "transgender man" or "transgender woman."

A spokesperson for the Cruz campaign told Buzzfeed that the candidate was not suggesting anything in particular about the alleged killer's identity, and only made reference to the report in order "to make the point that we don't know all the details."

The Cruz campaign did not have any immediate comment to CNN.

Asked by another reporter if he would describe the attack an act of "domestic terrorism," as former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee did earlier in the day in an interview with CNN's Brianna Keilar on "State of the Union," Cruz declined.

"I would call it a murder, and we'll see what the facts are," Cruz said. "It was a multiple murder of what appears to be a deranged individual."

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

When my deeply Texan octogenarian parents, Fox News devotees both, hate Cruz, you *know* he has absolutely no chance of becoming president.

This is not to compare you to octogenarians but just to say plenty of Texans can't stand the guy.

Not sure why Commodore listed only a few liberal groups in those that can't stand Cruz. Generally, people who appreciate pragmatism and decency tend to dislike him, in my experience.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Clarified it for you.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Cruzing to victory in Iowa!

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Can we just talk about how punchable his face is??

11. Dubious

What's their reasoning?

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

A face only a mother could love.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's interesting. My dad says Cruz is a "grand-standing idiot" and my mom says "he's clearly only concerned with his own career. nothing else." Why they don't hold this against a bunch of other candidates, I'm not exactly sure. :grin:

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Picture tells a thousand words. In case of Cruz, it's not just the face but the voice. There is something about that voice.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_K0sRkvX4KE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

or George Takei....

16. Dubious

you posted all that again for a sexual preference joke in 2015?
    really?

17. Baba Booey

George Takei was on the Howard Stern show a few weeks ago and said that he was most attracted to Ted Cruz over any other republican candidate.

I think that was what bobby was referencing.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be a moron, it wasn't a sexual preference joke, do you not remember George Takei saying earlier this year that Ted Cruz was the "most bangable" in the Republican field? I'm sure he said it as a joke, but that's what I was referring to.

19. Baba Booey

George was 100% serious. He hates Cruz's political stances but would like to bang him. I was shocked by the answer, as I assumed that Ted Cruz was among the least attractive of the bunch.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My assumption was that he said it simply because Ted Cruz was the most likely to be made to feel uncomfortable by the comment. I can't imagine anyone or anything actually finding Ted Cruz attractive.

Then again, there's no accounting for taste.