1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The CNN report that mom clip they took from is creepily interesting... Poor kids

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hO_MkcZh-VY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1141 Invisible Fan, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not sure why Politifact tanks their credibility on meaningless stuff like this

[​IMG]

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-nastiness-of-ted-cruz/2016/02/05/2cfbfde0-cc2c-11e5-a7b2-5a2f824b02c9_story.html

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good Milbank column. Of course, any attempt to document the Cruz mendacity will be waved away with "oh, that's just liberal media," with no refutation of the facts.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You are an expert on tanked credibility and meaningless stuff.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

8. dmoneybangbang

It's beyond me how anyone can view Cruz as authentic and anti-establishment. But then again, people love to hear what they want to hear.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that was awesome haha.

for me it's never been as obvious in politics that someone is a bad person as much as cruz. it completely blows my mind that he is one of the leading candidates for this election. he needs to be voted out of the texas senate also. i really do not need to hear about this guy for the next 20 years.

10. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Good luck with that.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Got to give Cruz credit. Even with that face, he has been very successful so far in public life...

A neurologist take on Cruz's atypical expression

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think this one explain much about Cruz.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No. He doesn't value it. That's what people need to understand. He thinks authenticity is foolish. <a href="https://t.co/YSQqlz5rtZ">https://t.co/YSQqlz5rtZ</a></p>&mdash; Craig Mazin (@clmazin) <a href="https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/696105392934244352">February 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's easy to apologize after the fact and you've taken your advantage. Had he genuinely believed that Carson was bowing out, Cruz should have called the Carson campaign and confirmed the story before sending out his runners. I think Cruz supporters may want to chalk it up to the fog of war and forgive him for the 'mistake.' But if there was even a mistake here, it was only possible because Cruz proceeded in a grossly negligent way spreading sensitive rumors without confirmation. I'd say that's as bad as lying. I personally believe it was an intentional lie, but I don't think the alternative is any more attractive.

Equating with Jews seems like quite a stretch.

14. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-mailer-2016-election_us_56b7fa37e4b08069c7a7c48c

15. AkeemTheDreem86

What about that is a stretch?

What are you missing here? The racist overtones of the senator's comments about Trump having "New York values" were immediately obvious to those familiar with anti-semitism. Now we see another example.

It seems pretty straightforward.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

When did Donald Trump become Jewish?

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Straight forward, but a stretch. Cruz uses a Yiddish term, and calls it 'New York' to rhetorically tie it to the New York Values attack he was making. Does that mean he intentionally sought a Yiddish term because he wanted to evoke some kind of visceral anti-semitic reaction from his base? Or did he simply latch on to Yiddish because it's associated with New York? I think it's a stretch to say he intended people to take it as anti-semitic. I hear people use chutzpah all the time without evoking any racial animosities.

The idea of 'dog whistles' and 'signals' seems to be en vogue right now. Everything has to mean something else. I do think Cruz is a super-villain and all, but sometimes people give him too much credit. Cruz is referring to the reality that they are pretty liberal in New York, and even the republicans there aren't very conservative compared to heartland conservatives. New York jews are part of that phenomenon. But, to say he's blaming it on the jews, or he's talking about the jews, or he's secretly signalling to heartland conservatives that they should hate jews -- that's too much. There's no evidence to base that on. What he says is bad enough when you take it at face value; no need to read between the lines.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I get more of the sociopath vibe from him than any other politician in my lifetime including Cheney.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The shark jumping contest has apparently continued unabated since I was last in.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Meh... Cruz has a number of sociopath tales (although the term is dated). He clearly lacks the social skills to operate as President.