1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They didn't publish results of minorities but I am sure they are very high levels. I don't think inherent bias is dumbed down racism - it's a real and serious issue and has a massive impact on people's lives.

It's unfortunate you toss things out because they are staggering or against what you believe. This isn't something I am pulling out of my arse - there's strong data behind it.

Take the test yourself and see how you score...

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you are certain minorities and whites of all stripes are also biased at "very high levels", why do you single out 50% conservatives as being racist?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because studies show that conservative states tend to have the highest inherent racial bias as a group.

[​IMG]

and this one shows that 50% of fox news viewers think black people are lazy:

[​IMG]

4. dmoneybangbang

And they both run on their respective populist agendas which I stated.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

ideologues are inspiring
    demagogues are terrifying

see the difference?

6. dmoneybangbang

I get where you are trying to go with it but Trump and Obama both ran/are running on a populist platform. Obama certainly used the left's and moderates' bias and prejudices on his Hope and Change platform.

Demagogues:

a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

Look I think Obama is a better person/candidate and doesn't appeal to xenophobia, but populism is populism.

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Congrats to Cruz for being the only Republican presidential candidate to respond to a domestic terror attack.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As opposed to calling it workplace violence right?

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is what the left tried to re-characterize the Fort Hood radical Islamic terrorist's murderous rampage as, wasn't it?

After they had initially formed up into one of their online lynch mobs and blamed it, prematurely again, on a Tea Party terrorist - which to this day is still harder to find than an actual sighting of 'bigfoot'.

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Not sure if you are aware of what a lynch mob is, but they didn't hang guys that looked like this:

[​IMG]

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

When you make Hillary Clinton appear sincere and concerned by comparison, you are definitely doing it wrong.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Learn some history you ignorant wretch the term lynching comes from revolutionary times when suspected loyalists were rounded up and "tried" without real legal authority by Colonel Charles Lynch and other militia officers. The original term also had nothing to do with hanging in that there was no evidence that Lynch ever had anyone hung.

So could that guy look like some 18th century Virginia loyalist? Sure, why not?

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's already been made clear here I don't know what a patriot is, or how real patriots are supposed to raid a PP clinic. ;)

Edit: But I'd be expecting a powdered wig or at least a tri-cornered hat if he was from 18th Century Virginia.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Totally fair, but they take your wig and hat away when you get arrested :p

15. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

16. Nook

Nook Member

I have a moderate preference for African American children.... Good to know.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Speaking of Ted Cruz...

Press release bragging about getting the endorsement of Troy Newman:

https://www.tedcruz.org/news/troy-newman-activist-behind-planned-parenthood-videos-endorses-ted-cruz/

This Troy Newman:

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, the good thing about Newman is that President Cruz can fill two top advisory positions with one person: economic and scientific.

[​IMG]

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/11/30/in-iowa-ted-cruz-pushes-for-99-counties/

In Iowa, Ted Cruz pushes for 99 counties

[​IMG]
    for size

Ted Cruz is going 'full Grassley'!