1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Carson is apparently fading, and it appears that Cruz is benefiting in part because of that, and in part because he has been very smart and very diligent in the way he has been running his campaign so far. It has been relatively mundane blocking and tackling type stuff by Cruz up until now, but he has been doing that better than any other candidate in the race on either side.

If Cruz places first or second in Iowa in two months (2/1/16), he will have made his move. And if that happens, you will almost literally have to bury your head in the sand to avoid "watching out" for him then, because he will be headline news as one of the top leaders of the Republican presidential field.

Then one month later (after New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada), the "SEC Primary" takes place (3/1/16). This contest will include seven southern states, including Cruz's home state of Texas (Also Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Virginia). Cruz is poised to clean up there anyway, but if he comes out of Iowa strong and also does well in South Carolina, as he is expected to do, this will likely strengthen Cruz tremendously during this Super Tuesday contest and will probably cement Cruz in as a long-haul contender, and perhaps even the Republican nominee, while the rest of the Republican field is rapidly thinned out.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Now you know why so many "conservative" members here are ridiculed. Sweet Lou's mentality is right up their alley.

Infantile is a very good choice of words.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The evaluation of demagoguery doesn't just come out of left field, we've seen it before, over and over throughout history. We know what it looks like, we know how it works and we know what the results can be if we are complacent. So we are not going to stop pointing it out. Only the true believers who have a predilection for it's self-promoting policies don't see it.

Freedom isn't socializing risk and privatizing profit, it's not generalizing classes, religions or races, it's not imposing cultural and religious biases as law, denying the good work government can do or causing large scale economic harm to revise accepted law. It's not freedom to have all laws and policies written by corporate lobbyist, to allow massive firepower to be commonplace, to deny voting rights, to deny the pursuit of happiness by people that are different or promote a religion.

When the GOP can promote issues that better the lives of the general public let me know.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes logic and rational thinking is a horrible mentality!

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Calling half the right racist is just silly. If you want to argue Trump is a racist or a chunk of his support is from racists, that would at least be rational.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Maybe give posting a rest and take a nap, pal.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Trump isn't racist, he just plays those cards. If you take the candidates who are openly xenophobic in their platform - which is Trump and Cruz and a few others, they garner over 50% of the polling numbers combined.

So it's a fair statement. There's A LOT of racists in this country. Across the political spectrum.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh there's certainly "conservative" versions of Sweet Lou and it's every bit as annoying to me when they pull the same nonsense.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You guys are hijacking the thread. This is a thread about Ted Cruz and his increasingly strong position as a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination.

If you want to talk about Donald Trump, or racism, or you just want to smear people and call names, there are plenty of other threads here in this forum that are much more appropriate for those purposes than this one. Please go and post your childish crap in one of those other threads.

Seriously, quit being such a bunch of selfish, inconsiderate a-holes. Enough is enough.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think Trump is racist either and racism does exist across the spectrum. But your statement remains as idiotic as before and convoluted reasoning doesn't help your case.

The "conserative" versions outnumber Sweet Lou by about 10 to 1.

Spare me the selective outrage. This is D&D.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that's true, at least not here. Are there even 10 "conservative" posters that are commonly in the D&D? Also, there are at least a few other left Lou's here so there's no way there are that many right leaning versions of Lou here.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I laughed.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are probably correct. Go by the number of infantile posts, not the number of posters. There are a concentrated few "conservative" members here who own the troll category.

14. dmoneybangbang

What is Cruz's resume as a legislator? What has he done for Texas? He seems to not do much and fits the bill as a career politician.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's managed to become hated by many in his own party.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

McCarthy didn't have much of a record either. I think the comparison is a good one. McCarthy didn't do squat in the Senate until his infamous actions that ruined the lives of so many innocent Americans. Cruz hasn't done squat for Texas, except shoot his mouth off in much the same vein as Joe.

17. dmoneybangbang

Cruz reminds me of Obama, in that they are both great orators who are good at promoting populism. Except, I respect Cruz far less because right wing populism is mostly ignorance.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

yeah...they're not born in the U.S.

Though only one tried to shut down the government like a ten year old throwing a temper tantrum.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Based on the IBT, 90% of white Americans exhibit inherent bias against blacks. I don't think that's convoluted nor idiotic.

Those who attack me as a leftist know very little. I'm actually very much in the middle with left lean on many issues and on a few issues lean to the right. I've spent many years trying to understand both sides. Anyone who thinks I'm a raging liberal here only has to ask guys like Deckard, CometsWin, or even Sam Fischer to know that is not the case. People call anyone a liberal who disagrees and mocks the the right. Believing climate change as a reality, and being against the demonizing of people, and supporting equal rights for the LGBT community doesn't make your a liberal, it makes one a rational pragmatic.

But saying 50% of the right is racist really isn't that radical of a statement given the level of inherent bias. Trump plays on that, and Cruz does as well. They play on the fears of minorities - whether it be Mexicans, Muslims, or Blacks.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So 90% of whites are racist/biased? You think blacks/Hispanics/Asians are all less racist/biased than whites? I guess if you dumb down the term enough, all of us are.

Your post remains idiotic.