1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you be smart and have no idea how climate change works?

His father refers to Evolution as a "communist lie", and he refuses to discuss it.

The farther Republicans move away from scientific literacy, the farther everyone should move away from their party. Scary and unfortunate, where is Colin when we need him?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18th century values. AKA: Denying post 18th facts of life, such as the fore mentioned climate change and evolution.

If deny facts with evidence isn't enough to scare you, what is?

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This guy is dangerous.

Not sure how he can be president anyway since he is not natural born.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ding.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Cruz won't win. He is an enormous ******* and is hated more by his own Republican colleagues than any Democrate.

It is Marco Rubio's to lose.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Politico has apparently noticed that Ted Cruz is in a strong position to win the Republican nomination for president. Even many Republican strategists who are not supportive of Cruz are of that opinion.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Bill Of Rights is an anachronistic document that has to be re-interpreted and extended to all people. It's not sacrosanct in that it's writers did not have a concept of future social conditions and scientific developments and could not have predicted it's interpretation.

But I don't hate it, it's was beautifully progressive for it's day. I do wonder how it's authors could have considered their positions without considering slavery, the rights of the indigenous peoples and women as equal issues. Obviously, their basic tenets are flawed by the social norms of the day and progress and history always move forward requiring adjustments even in base law.

I do think Cruz would be the most interesting opponent. Interesting as in terrifying, not because he would challenge in the race, but because he frames his arguments in an insidious fashion that sound somewhat logical to the average Christian Conservative but have underlying inferences about returning to a time when straight white males could assume a dominance by divine right.

#27 Dubious, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He's just waiting for the perfect time to make his move. When he does.... watch out.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

saw this 10 minutes later:

Ted Cruz’s Sophisticated Bigotry
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ng_how_the_texas_senator_peddles_bigotry.html

There’s a fine art to this sort of manipulation. You have to touch the right nerves—fear of a black president, indignation at bilingualism, hunger for retaliation against Muslims—while cloaking your demagoguery in the language of terrorism, sovereignty, and the rule of law. Cruz, a skilled lawyer and wordsmith, is demonstrating this technique in his current campaign against Muslim immigrants......

"Christians are being crucified right now, Glenn. They’re being beheaded. And the president says it’s offensive and un-American to want to provide safe haven. Just three percent of the Syrians that this administration has let in are Christians. He’s ignoring the [genocide] directed at Middle Eastern Christians."

1 person likes this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What a bunch of lying slime-balls. Of course the second paragraph is absolutely correct. And only a liar or someone who is entirely ignorant of what has been happening in this regard will suggest otherwise.

As we see illustrated on a routine basis, leftists increasingly distinguish themselves by their willingness to proudly and publicly lie right through their teeth and smear others that they disagree with dishonestly, bearing false witness against them, as you have done here.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What's the lie you're referring to?

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You give me hope!

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In that light, Cruz is what some of the resident trolls and race baiters wish they could be. I can understand the worship in that case.

Scary, scary man. A much smarter version of Joe McCarthy.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

I would love to see the quote where Obama said that "it's offensive and un-American to want to provide safe haven." I would also love to know why ISIS posing as Syrian Muslim refugees to infiltrate the US is a huge threat but ISIS posing as Syrian Christian refugees is not. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what this is, it's Ted Cruz using anti-Islamic sentiment in this country for political gain. So who is really the one lying through their teeth?

15. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Please show me any evidence of ISIS pretending to be Christian?

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, that was an excellent find by Dubious. Completely agree with your take on Cruz. Those who support the man are either incurious and have not looked deeply at what he's doing, or are delusional. I'm going to refrain from calling them stupid. Incurious or delusional sounds better. More polite.

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I think his point is that if ISIS really wanted to infiltrate the refugee population to get into the USA, the most logical place to plant someone would be as a Christian refugee. No one is talking about Christian refugees as being a danger.

I don't think he was implying that there is evidence for it.

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

You completely missed the point, I'm not saying that it's something they've been practicing. I'm just trying to understand why ISIS would be willing to pose as Syrian Muslim refugees but not Syrian Christian refugees to get into this country.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why does it even matter what they're pretending? If someone pretends to be Muslim we punish Muslims, and if they pretend to be Christian we punish Christians? No, we don't punish the victims of impostors.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

And before you know it... This thread will be duly updated accordingly.